Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the conversation and likely, the outcome would be different.

Shiel's jaw wasn't broken though, so your point is moot.
Yep. A broken jaw would've been severe impact and seen a Gaff-like punishment.

That's why there is an "impact" section on the matrix the MRO/tribunal.

Well they set the standard now the next time we see a flying elbow I expect that player to not get reported.
Maaate. It's not black and white. Nothing ever is. It can be reported and a free kick without being a suspension. It depends on a lot of factors.

Then the conversation and likely, the outcome would be different.

Shiel's jaw wasn't broken though, so your point is moot.
it’s not moot though- the outcome is irrelevant when the antagonist leaves the ground, raises an elbow (and also an open palm) and is late to the contest.

100% Ablett should have been rubbed out for at least a week.

it’s not moot though- the outcome is irrelevant when the antagonist leaves the ground, raises an elbow (and also an open palm) and is late to the contest.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, and I think Ablett is a bit lucky to be honest.

But hypothetical what if scenarios really don't matter. His jaw wasn't broken. If it had been, Ablett wouldn't have got off.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, and I think Ablett is a bit lucky to be honest.

But hypothetical what if scenarios really don't matter. His jaw wasn't broken. If it had been, Ablett wouldn't have got off.
ahh- sorry mate, i forgot you were a catholic.

yeah fair play- Ablett was proper sorry so no problem - nothing to see here.

Could make a similar argument for Bellchambers earlier in the year then - went past the ball, dropped the shoulder and intended to bump. At the AFL tribunal, just like in the legal system, the outcome is absolutely relevant.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon

Its an interesting one. Back in my day people used to get suspended because you don't want kids trying that sort of thing. And didn't someone get off after concussing Zach last year? They don't call it MRP lotto for no reason. Think Ablett gets the superstar discount Chris Judd was talking about a couple of weeks ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Geez Hawks have dropped Roughy. Couldn’t even name him on the extended bench for a Sunday game.

Geez Hawks have dropped Roughy. Couldn’t even name him on the extended bench for a Sunday game.

I wish we were as decisive with senior players that spend weeks spudding it up.

TFS has been finished for a loooooong time. I'm tempted to use the essendon player analogy from a few posts above again..
Yeah, people are blaming it on the decision to remove Newman and Brownless but it was dying before they were moved on, and it only died faster when they bought Newman back "off the leash"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back