Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to hand it to Leon Cameron, that's some masterful deflection.

That he would be engaged on the MCG records indicates what he really thinks about it, which is nothing.

Re: Alex Keath.

It's weird that such a powerful/dynamic athlete of his size was such a ploddy cricketer. Bowled gentle mediums and didn't look like getting the ball to the boundary let alone over the fence.

If all I had seen was the footballer and someone said he could have been a gun cricketer I'd have been thinking Andre Russell not Andrew McDonald.

It's weird that such a powerful/dynamic athlete of his size was such a ploddy cricketer. Bowled gentle mediums and didn't look like getting the ball to the boundary let alone over the fence.

If all I had seen was the footballer and someone said he could have been a gun cricketer I'd have been thinking Andre Russell not Andrew McDonald.
Disrespectful to Andy Mac. He was an underrated cricketer, really the perfect FC all rounder, whereas Keath was simply a spud. And as far as his batting goes, his technique was absolutely dreadful, back lift was pointing wide of gully.

Disrespectful to Andy Mac. He was an underrated cricketer, really the perfect FC all rounder, whereas Keath was simply a spud. And as far as his batting goes, his technique was absolutely dreadful, back lift was pointing wide of gully.

And what was McDonald? A gentle medium pacer who could hardly hit the boundary. I didn't say he was a bad cricketer.

All I can say is change.org

Make a petition about the afl and the lack of transparency to the public who pays their ******* salaries.

Force then into accountability
Force them to pay professional umpires
Force gil out the door
Force them to explain some of their crap decisions
Allow supporters to pick decisions not brought up on the media that they want answers to

I reckon 70000 essendon supporters alone who would sign it probably all Richmond too
Only Collingwood Geelong and hawthorn would keep quiet

And what was McDonald? A gentle medium pacer who could hardly hit the boundary. I didn't say he was a bad cricketer.

McDonald was unlucky that he kept getting injured when a spot in the Test side would open up, he was one of the best batsman in the Shield there for a while.

I have no idea what any of this means.

His side was picked apart by a team with about half the talent.

The MCG is the same dimensions as GWS home ground (from memory that was deliberate for this reason). The Giants' record can be explained by playing powerhouse sides at their home ground (I.e. the MCG) including during an era in which the Giants were babies and otherwise losing games before they became a really good side themselves.

Leon Cameron could not be dumb enough to really believe that his team has a problem at the MCG more so than his side has a problem thinking its way through game.

The whole of the AFL, probably Geelong aside because Scott is just as focused on opponents, is basically at Clarkson's mercy because virtually no team is prepared to or capable of adapting on the day. They "play the way they want to play" instead.

Weighed a lot less when he played cricket. Hastings on RSN this morning said he was surprised as well as Keath looked like he only weighed 60 Kilos when he played cricket with him.

To be fair to Keath he was caught in AFL/cricket struggle to sign talented youngsters. Cricket Victoria in their rush to keep him in cricket promoted him far earlier than he was ready. Didn’t help him at all.

His side was picked apart by a team with about half the talent.

The MCG is the same dimensions as GWS home ground (from memory that was deliberate for this reason). The Giants' record can be explained by playing powerhouse sides at their home ground (I.e. the MCG) including during an era in which the Giants were babies and otherwise losing games before they became a really good side themselves.

Leon Cameron could not be dumb enough to really believe that his team has a problem at the MCG more so than his side has a problem thinking its way through game.

The whole of the AFL, probably Geelong aside because Scott is just as focused on opponents, is basically at Clarkson's mercy because virtually no team is prepared to or capable of adapting on the day. They "play the way they want to play" instead.
Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how a banner similar to this would work with Pendles for our next pies game

‘sticks and stones may break my bones but booing will never hurt me”

Wow can’t believe this was in 1995

24 years later and we're still experiencing it.

Who would've thought

Oh dear.

If they were a political candidate, then their opposition would put that in a smear campaign ad calling them racist 31 years after the fact

Wow, Tom Boyd retired.
Huge. Citing mental health reasons, saying he "doesn't have the passion anymore".

Mental health is no joke, that really sucks for Tom and the Dogs.

His weird 3am Instagram story of drinking Melbourne Bitter was probably a fair indication of where things were, in hindsight.

Hope you guys don't mind the intrusion. So my local footy team went to the Hanger, chatted with Luke Ball, Dan Richardson etc and watched your mob train. What confused me was that the vibe and skills were awesome, the staff and coaches were very engaging and it just felt like a really good place be and train in. Yet a day later they were torn to pieces by Geelong, and the club looked divided on all fronts. Very confusing from an outsiders point of view.

Hope you guys don't mind the intrusion. So my local footy team went to the Hanger, chatted with Luke Ball, Dan Richardson etc and watched your mob train. What confused me was that the vibe and skills were awesome, the staff and coaches were very engaging and it just felt like a really good place be and train in. Yet a day later they were torn to pieces by Geelong, and the club looked divided on all fronts. Very confusing from an outsiders point of view.
Confusing from an insiders point of view too, don't worry about that

Easiest way to ensure you are always remembered for tearing up a grand final is to make sure you never play another good game ever again

You'll find no answers here my friend, only more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back