Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
This could be awesome for us if the season is delayed and stretches out to Christmas given all our guys coming off surgery.
And if the season stretched through to Christmas, we might get a lot of Joe 🤷‍♀️

This could be awesome for us if the season is delayed and stretches out to Christmas given all our guys coming off surgery.
And if the season stretched through to Christmas, we might get a lot of Joe 🤷‍♀️
Contracts end October 31, so probably not I suspect :( Nice thought though!

Split it into 2 groups. Top of each group goes into the GF.

I think NSW can beat SA in all honesty.

Vic M
SA
NSW
Tas

WA
Vic C
Qld
NT plus internationals.
As a mock up side plus others for each:

VM:

FB: James Sicily - Daniel Talia - Adam Saad
HB: Luke Ryan - Darcy Moore - Bachar Houli
MF: Tim Taranto - Scott Pendlebury (c) - Andrew Gaff
HF: Toby Greene - Joe Daniher - Trent Cotchin
FF: Robbie Gray - Jack Gunston - Jordan De Goey
OB: Max Gawn - Josh Dunkley - Marcus Bontempelli
IC: Stefan Martin - Jackson Macrae - Zach Merrett - Josh Kelly - Callan Ward - Luke Shuey

SA:

FB: Ryan Burton - Phil Davis - Rory Laird
HB: Shannon Hurn (c) - Tom Jonas - Brodie Smith
MF: Jared Polec - Jack Redden- Caleb Daniel
HF: Connor Rozee - Sam Day - Shane Edwards
FF: Eddie Betts - Tim O'Brien - Orazio Fantasia
OB: Brodie Grundy - George Hewett - Lachie Neale
IC: Scott Lycett - Jordan Dawson - Chad Wingard - Mason Redman - Bryce Gibbs - James Aish

NSW/ACT:

FB: Ryan Garthwaite - Michael Hartley - Dane Rampe
HB: Callum Mills - Dougal Howard - Matthew Suckling
MF: Harry Perryman - Jacob Hopper - Isaac Smith
HF: Aaron Vandenberg - Taylor Walker - Nick Blakey
FF: Luke Breust - Tom Hawkins (c) - Josh Bruce
OB: Jarrod Witts - Isaac Heeney - Jack Steele
IC: Matthew Kennedy - Jacob Townsend - Harry Cunningham - Anthony Miles - Jeremy Finlayson - Jarrod Brander

Tas:

FB: Jake Kolodjashnij - Alex Pearce - Grant Birchall
HB: Jeremy Howe - Liam Jones - Jimmy Webster
MF: Chayce Jones - Mitchell Hibberd - Kade Kolodjashnij
HF: Aaron Hall - Jack Riewoldt - Robbie Fox
FF: Brody Mihocek - Ben Brown (c) - Mitch Robinson
OB: Toby Nankervis - Hugh Greenwood - Lachie Weller
IC: Jay Lockhart - Tom Bellchambers - Andrew Phillips - Tarryn Thomas - Jackson Thurlow - Ryan Gardner

WA:

FB: Cale Hooker - Tom Barrass - Brad Sheppard
HB: Nathan Wison - Jeremy McGovern - Zach Williams
MF: Bradley Hill - Stephen Coniglio - Elliott Yeo
HF: Jamie Cripps - Lance Franklin - Michael Walters
FF: Jack Darling - Josh Kennedy - Liam Ryan
OB: Nic Naitanui - Tim Kelly - Patrick Cripps (c)
IC: Dom Sheed - Mitch Duncan - Tom Mitchell - Jaeger O'Meara - David Swallow - Rory Lobb

VC:

FB: Tom Stewart - Robbie Tarrant - Nick Haynes
HB: Jake Lloyd - David Astbury - Alex Witherden
MF: Travis Boak - Joel Selwood (c) - Lachie Whitfield
HF: Gary Ablett - Jack Riewoldt - Jake Stringer
FF: Tom Papley - Tom Lynch - Tim Membrey
OB: Rowan Marshall - Patrick Dangerfield - Dustin Martin
IC: Matt Crouch - Clayton Oliver - Shaun Higgins - Ben Cunnington - Dylan Shiel - Dyson Heppell

Qld:

FB: Aliir Aliir - Rory Thompson - Jacob Allison
HB: Jesse Joyce - Harris Andrews - Jarrod Harbrow
MF: Oskar Baker - Dayne Zorko (c) - Jack Bowes
HF: Josh Thomas - Eric Hipwood - Charlie Cameron
FF: Jarrod Cameron - Charlie Dixon - Wylie Buzza
OB: Braydon Preuss - Dayne Beams - Bailey Scott
IC: Tom Hickey - Corey Wagner - Alex Sexton - Josh Wagner - Ben Keays - Sam Reid

NT/Int:

FB: Conor Glass - Steven May (c) - Colin O'Riordan
HB: Mark O'Connor - Aiden Corr - Zach Tuohy
MF: Nakia Cockatoo - Shaun Burgoyne - Zach Bailey
HF: Daniel Rioli - Conor Nash - Conor McKenna
FF: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - Mason Cox - Ben Long
OB: Tony Olango - Jed Anderson - Brandon Parfitt
IC: Darragh Joyce - James Madden - Willie Rioli* - Mark Keane - Stefan Okunbor - Anton Tohill

*Pretend he isn't banned for the sake of this exercise

Contracts end October 31, so probably not I suspect :( Nice thought though!
Gil said we have 40 weeks left and will use everyone of them if required

They're now talking about using suburban grounds for the re-worked fixture and playing home games away (or away games home) to reduce air travel. Usually the big stadiums are used to accomodate supporters, but if they're locked out then it makes less of a difference. I wonder if Tulla or Windy Hill could be dragged into it....

I guess Docklands being owned by the AFL might turn out to be exceptionally convenient under the circumstances too, that and most other uses for the venue will be cancelled anyway so it should be available plenty.

If he wants an MCG GF He has until mid October

This will push a lot of things back. Not just footy. If the MCG wants to give the ground to it's most profitable events, it will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will push a lot of things back. Not just footy. If the MCG wants to give the ground to it's most profitable events, it will.
T20 world cup. To push that back, it means pushing every venue back. Which won't happen

No, but the presumption that the AFL have the MCG whenever they so choose is arrogant.

Sounds like you're in denial.

It's up to the MCG. I think we all know what they would prefer. AFL is a lot more popular.

Sounds like you're in denial.

It's up to the MCG. I think we all know what they would prefer. AFL is a lot more popular.
They have a contract that states that at the start of October through to the end of March that Cricket Australia are the tenants. So, not really

They're now talking about using suburban grounds for the re-worked fixture and playing home games away (or away games home) to reduce air travel. Usually the big stadiums are used to accomodate supporters, but if they're locked out then it makes less of a difference. I wonder if Tulla or Windy Hill could be dragged into it....

I guess Docklands being owned by the AFL might turn out to be exceptionally convenient under the circumstances too, that and most other uses for the venue will be cancelled anyway so it should be available plenty.

I was actually thinking last night Tulla makes sense as we have an MCG and Docklands sized ground. We're near the airport and could have two games going at once.

They have a contract that states that at the start of October through to the end of March that Cricket Australia are the tenants. So, not really
Mate if you think the T20 world cup is gonna happen you're living in denial.

Domestic sports sure, but international tournament causing mass travel over borders?

Nah.

Oh yes I forgot contracts are always upheld these days. Especially for worldwide health emergencies.

Mate if you think the T20 world cup is gonna happen you're living in denial.

Domestic sports sure, but international tournament causing mass travel over borders?

Nah.
I'm saying it hasn't been cancelled yet, and that there's a contract in place. Plus most experts are saying it should be clear by October as well.
Oh yes I forgot contracts are always upheld these days. Especially for worldwide health emergencies.
Who's to say it'll be around then?

Who's to say it'll be around then?

You're talking in absolutes when it suits you and being flexible when it suits you, all the while still ignoring the knock on effect. If the AFL gets cancelled completely then maybe you'll get your cricket.

How would suburban grounds work for TV and radio coverage? I don't want shitty ground level camera angles! Plus you'd think it would be a cost the networks don't want to incur.
The Colac game wasn’t awesome, but it was passable.

I also think that if they are setting up positions not having to worry about crowds at all we could get some vantage points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back