Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

Still you get mobile ads gone.
The ones at the end of the page yeah. Not sure if it includes the ones that interrupt the threads and thread lists though, which imo are far more annoying.

Chief, whenever those two words are used...

1574473080241.gif

Chief, whenever those two words are used...

View attachment 783504
I'm quite happy to do without the blocker if the ads aren't in your face. When you get that full screen thing, or they're positioned so you are likely to accidentally click on them though I will a) block them if possible, and b) make a point of not buying s**t from that advertiser.

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm quite happy to do without the blocker if the ads aren't in your face. When you get that full screen thing, or they're positioned so you are likely to accidentally click on them though I will a) block them if possible, and b) make a point of not buying s**t from that advertiser.
I make it my mission to never buy from them either.
I actually run a business that would probably benefit.from digital marketing but I've flat out refused to do it (despite many telling me how amazingly well it would work). I suspect that my personal dislike for it may accidentally pay off in the long run because I have a sneaky feeling there are many more like us out there, and that it may well be a brand killer for a lot of businesses - despite all the hype.

I actually run a business that would probably benefit.from digital marketing but I've flat out refused to do it (despite many telling me how amazingly well it would work). I suspect that my personal dislike for it may accidentally pay off in the long run because I have a sneaky feeling there are many more like us out there, and that it may well be a brand killer for a lot of businesses - despite all the hype.
I feel like a decent percentage of people who grew up in the early days of the internet (mid 90s to mid 00s) have probably been hardwired into never, ever clicking on ads or popups (which are thankfully extremely rare these days) because of all the malware and other crap you'd get. It's still a threat too, earlier in the year there were some ads on big footy that infected a bunch of peoples' phones (including mine) with something nasty.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
plus there's the fact you're too busy on big footy to create the digital marketing campaign

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Rowell, Anderson and Flanders. I cannot believe they've been allowed this. They dug their own hole.
I said this in the draft thread but Rowell, Anderson, Rankine, Brodie, Bowes, Fiorini, Swallow (who is only 27), Ainsworth, Miller and Flanders is going to be an unstoppable midfield in 2-3 years time.

Not to mention King, Lukosius, Wright and Sexton up forward...

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I said this in the draft thread but Rowell, Anderson, Rankine, Brodie, Bowes, Fiorini, Swallow (who is only 27), Ainsworth, Miller and Flanders is going to be an unstoppable midfield in 2-3 years time.

With a line-up like that you could look at Pick 2 and say it's negligible. Rowell and Flanders would still have made them an outstanding prospect going forward. This is the AFL rigging a return on its investment.

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea

People said the same thing in 2011. Let’s wait and see how those players develop. And fwiw, Wright has been in the system 5 years and done f-all

Good breeding ground before Melb clubs pluck them again in a few years.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
People said the same thing in 2011. Let’s wait and see how those players develop. And fwiw, Wright has been in the system 5 years and done f-all
He is a young 203cm key forward, who generally always take longer to develop.

His upward trajectory was pretty good in year 2 (27 goals) and 3 (31 goals) before he began playing what has been comfortably the worst team in the comp for the last 3 years. I like him and if Gold Coast improve their midfield he could be potent.

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
He is a young 203cm key forward, who generally always take longer to develop.

His upward trajectory was pretty good in year 2 (27 goals) and 3 (31 goals) before he began playing what has been comfortably the worst team in the comp for the last 3 years. I like him and if Gold Coast improve their midfield he could be potent.
He’s 23. Not that young in footy terms. My view is he’ll struggle to 120 games, many of which will be gifted for reputation over output.

But hey, I could be wrong 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back