Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon may have sucked for a few years but we have killed the odd coach

As others have said - we are every chance to lose badly on Anzac Day. But I feel that likelihood goes up if we compete well tonight. Almost rather we get belted tonight and then surprise the pies with a Saints like shellacking

But the club has denied that Hannebery’s recent car accident was fuelled by alcohol or drugs, nor that the warning involved his new-found friendship with Lance Franklin.

Was some rumours as well that him and Franklin weren't injured both were just on suspensions for drugs

Franklin (bruised heel) missed games against Geelong, North Melbourne and Hawthorn between rounds six and eight, while Hannebery (groin) was also ruled out for the same fixtures.

Yeah, the swans were concerned at his friendship with Franklin - you can only have one Buddy type at a club - but even more so about his potential to influence young team mates. They would have accepted a 3rd round pick for him.
There is also a persistent rumour that there was another incident with a car that I don't think has ever hit the press; & that a good amount of coin helped the story disappear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player transfers etc needs to be a legit discussion moving forward.
I bet it never happens. It shouldn't be a factor as the risk shouldnt be any different at another club, but no one going to be happy if their player does an ACL playing for another club.

I bet it never happens. It shouldn't be a factor as the risk shouldnt be any different at another club, but no one going to be happy if their player does an ACL playing for another club.

Sure but this is supposed to be a 'competition'. Teams need to be able to address personnel issues as they arise eg the Suns ruck stocks.

Yeah ok, but that would be what some 19yo 82kg kid most likely. There is room for player movement to be a thing rather than some scary monster.
It would rarely be used. Teams would be incredibly reluctant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back