Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As my earlier posts in this thread suggest (before their last couple of games), I'm a big fan of Melbourne this year.

There will be setbacks on the way, yes, but they are going to seriously contend come the business end of the year.

I'd rather them than some of the other options! (Clearly won't be us)
They are looking good. Have always had the talent on their list. Was just about attitude. About time they started playing to their ability.

What you say is true but we have also had players who would saunter into half back and get a possession but not really work hard to link in after that. What the dogs do is work hard to win that back half possession and then they surge through the middle but do not push too deep forward. The Giants took it too them for a while by putting a lot of pressure on the surging players and forcing a turnover. Unlike us who let them charge out of the back half like they where the 1st Light horse brigade.
The VFL boys did surge forward to create overlaps and link up along the wing a couple of times yesterday. I think that's how Cutler found himself on the end of it a couple of times. Hopefully that's reflective of what's happening at training and the way we're moving as a group.

The VFL boys did surge forward to create overlaps and link up along the wing a couple of times yesterday. I think that's how Cutler found himself on the end of it a couple of times. Hopefully that's reflective of what's happening at training and the way we're moving as a group.
We have done it in the seniors as well. Hawthorn second quarter and a lot in the Saints game. Also some in the Swans game. Work in progress and you need to build the confidence and skill levels to carry it out consistently. You also have to be careful that you do not go like the Saints and start getting too far in front of the ball to a point you can not get back.

Jason McCartney losing it lol

“Witnesses to the incident have said that McCartney burst into the umpires' rooms at the break to approach them about what he perceived as incorrect decisions for the Giants during the first half of the club's 39-point loss at Manuka Oval.”

“Witnesses to the incident have said that McCartney burst into the umpires' rooms at the break to approach them about what he perceived as incorrect decisions for the Giants during the first half of the club's 39-point loss at Manuka Oval.”
I'm sure the umpires were duly chastened and paid every free kick in their favour for the rest of the game...

McCartney burst into the umpires' rooms

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangas to do 14 day quarantine after playing in Perth. Can't really take a trick. They allowed to train. Not clear to me if they can play a game next weekend. Mind you, no one would notice if they didn't. Lucky for AFL that Eagles and Dockers scheduled to play each other next week.

LOL

Jason McCartney reacting over-emotionally to situations that dont run exactly how he wants them to?

Shocked to be sitting here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back