Opposition Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew_Lloyd

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
If it's for an energy drink, then I hope he doesn't get something ridiculous like 2 or 4 years. Hell even if it's a line of coke. Punish him, but don't be excessive about it.

If he took a PED and intended to cheat, then come down on him hard then

Drummer_19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
If it's for an energy drink, then I hope he doesn't get something ridiculous like 2 or 4 years. Hell even if it's a line of coke. Punish him, but don't be excessive about it.

If he took a PED and intended to cheat, then come down on him hard then
My guess is it would be what you described. Some blow or just some wrong energy drink or whatever that prob did nothing for him but he'll still cop it because the inflexibility of their punishments to being anything rational.

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Given that half our team are in surgery or preparing for this weeks VFL match I'd be happy to take their gate takings from last weeks home final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummer_19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
If I had to guess, they probably wanted to keep this hush hush until after the finals and some journo found out, was going to expose them and so they got on the front foot about it?

Zach Package

Kyle Langfourd
Sep 21, 2012
Parish, Francis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Piggy Smith, SFG, Heat, Raiders
It’s clearly absolutely moronic by Rioli but if this isn’t another great example of how the AFL needs to **** ASADA off I don’t know what is.

He probably had a bump of coke or a joint and got spooked when he saw the testers coming. Something that should really only cost him a 10-12 week ban and a great big fine is going to take multiple years to resolve and could kill his career.

AFL gotta get that government money though 🤑

TheGrizz

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
It’s clearly absolutely moronic by Rioli but if this isn’t another great example of how the AFL needs to **** ASADA off I don’t know what is.

He probably had a bump of coke or a joint and got spooked when he saw the testers coming. Something that should really only cost him a 10-12 week ban and a great big fine is going to take multiple years to resolve and could kill his career.

AFL gotta get that government money though 🤑
All of the major American sports have told USADA to take a long walk off a short pier and made their own PED policy.

With the AFL consumed with becoming the next NFL, trust them to NOT adopt the one useful choice American sports have made

Top Bottom