Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is a absolute campaigner on and off the field. Great player though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Greene’s ability to football is almost exactly matched by his ability to dickhead.

Absolutely punchable and the opposition hate him, but is a seriously good player, playing him as a forward does a disservice to just how good he is as a midfielder.

I rate him as a Top 5 mid in the comp; Dangerfield, Martin and Fyfe probably the only 3 I’d have clearly ahead of him. If he played a full season on-ball he’d be close to a Brownlow winning season if you look at his numbers, since going on ball he’s averaged:

Disposals: 29.6
Marks: 5.6
Goals: 1.5
Tackles: 4.7
I50’s: 5.6

Martin in 17 when he won the Brownlow was 29.8 / 4.1 / 1.5 / 3.5 / 6.0

Absolute jet of a player. Absolute dickhead of a bloke on-field.

What could possibly go wrong :think:

The hypocrisy of us being blasted by Pies fans for having some injections across the road whilst De Goey heads over to a totally different continent for some isn't being lost on me.

Pies and their American overseas training expeditions, sending players overseas for treatments, players betting on their own matches and allowed to play finals in the same season, the favourable fixtures every year, the questionable umpiring they get most weeks. Nothing to see here.

They're a professional outfit. They don't get caught.

If there is one player I can stand he is it.

Even though I think he got done for the wrong week - I'm happy the grub got suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe is on public record around halfway through the season as stating he has attended one game this year and he doesn't watch much footy - How he can perform as a special comments is mind-boggling.

How can you say that if you didn’t watch the game?

This is nothing new about Bruno - You have to get up with the times - People often post opinions on sporting events which they don't witness - I call it relevance deprivation syndrome.

The ASADA tester will not intervene if you try to tamper with the test - They let it ride and then charge the athlete with tampering with the test - What i don't understand is that the athlete should have a representative from the club to witness the test and stop such foolish behaviour.

1. rioli gets caught trying to fudge sample
2. inspector requires rioli to give another sample
3. asada informs afl sample comes back as positive for banned substance (yesterday)

With rioli trying to fudge it, I can't see how he gets less than 2 years.

He'll need a good lawyer to get much time taken off the four years - Tampering with a test is considered even worse than a positive test.

Paul Williams and Shane Wakelin on the panel that decided on Greene's suspension being upheld.

And lets not forget who Michael Christian played for...

I know Greene is hated but surely people can recognise that with no video evidence and the player/victim testifying that what the AFL says occured didn't occur that he should not get the week.

People would be burning the AFL to the ground if it was a more liked player going into a prelim. Imagine if it was a Cotchin or Pendlebury?

I know Greene is hated but surely people can recognise that with no video evidence and the player/victim testifying that what the AFL says occured didn't occur that he should not get the week.

People would be burning the AFL to the ground if it was a more liked player going into a prelim. Imagine if it was a Cotchin or Pendlebury?
everyone wanted cotchin scratched out the little grub

Pies and their American overseas training expeditions, sending players overseas for treatments, players betting on their own matches and allowed to play finals in the same season, the favourable fixtures every year, the questionable umpiring they get most weeks. Nothing to see here.
I genuinely think the AFL is scared of Collingwood and Eddie. Would Greene still be banned with Neale’s favourable admission if GWS were playing St Kilda?

Considering Greene wasn’t suspended last week, how is he suspended now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back