Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
If you're looking for a team to get on for the Copa America currently being played in Brazil, then this beautiful Peruvian away kit might help you decide:

6B592CC2-7D31-4F2F-98C8-92D7CE443883.jpeg.1127581b9f940e4e575e04d9b7af1bb3.jpeg

I've gotta say, David King's idea re trading cap space for draft picks isn't the worst.
Here's an idea.

Remove the minimum spend bullshit.

I've gotta say, David King's idea re trading cap space for draft picks isn't the worst.

I gather King hasn’t actually shown his work but in a league with a hard salary cap and a high cap floor (which I think is a good thing) I don’t think it’s something that’s feasible.

If you let sides buy their way over the cap they’re not just going to go over the cap for a year, they’re going to be handing out 5-6-7 year mega deals to big names and they’re going to end up perpetually over the cap.

And I think it would also take away any incentive the ‘selling’ sides have to try and recruit established players and hop their way back up the ladder.

Sounds like a shiny new way of ensuring the rich stay rich

Aaron Hall stepping away from footy for mental health reasons too.

There's an extreme amount of young blokes stepping away from the game nowadays due to the same concerns. This is horrible.

There's an extreme amount of young blokes stepping away from the game nowadays due to the same concerns. This is horrible.
With the amount of media scrutiny, expectations of fan access, social media abuse and so on these days it's a wonder more of them aren't doing it TBH

3?

I reckon there's been at least 6-7 this year so far in the AFL, but I'm having mates playing local footy step away from it due to their mental health.

Local footy is meant to be fun, crazy how even something like that can affect the mental health.

Sucks.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
I reckon there's been at least 6-7 this year so far in the AFL, but I'm having mates playing local footy step away from it due to their mental health.

Local footy is meant to be fun, crazy how even something like that can affect the mental health.

Sucks.
People give Kyrgios a hard time but in some ways I like his perspective on life. In his press conference last night when being grilled about not putting in more work he said there are more important things, it’s just tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back