Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarko going full money ball of late.
Henderson, Impey, Scully, Patton, Frost.

On top of Jaeger, Mitchell and Wingard as the elite ins

Hardwick Brand Frost
Burgoyne Sicily Henderson
Impey Jaeger Wingard
Gunston Patton Puopolo
Breust Lewis O'Brien
McEvoy Mitchell Worpel
Smith Shiel Hanrahan Scully

decent

Clarko going full money ball of late.
Henderson, Impey, Scully, Patton, Frost.

On top of Jaeger, Mitchell and Wingard as the elite ins

Hardwick Brand Frost
Burgoyne Sicily Henderson
Impey Jaeger Wingard
Gunston Patton Puopolo
Breust Lewis O'Brien
McEvoy Mitchell Worpel
Smith Shiel Hanrahan Scully

decent
That wont be their backline, imo

Impey Frawley Stratton
Sicily Frost Hardwick
Scully Mitchell Smith
Gunston O'Brien Breust
Wingard Patton Lewis
McEvoy O'Meara Worpel
Henderson Shiels Morrison Burgoyne

That is a top 8 side if injury permits. That bottom out went quick.....

Impey Frawley Stratton
Sicily Frost Hardwick
Scully Mitchell Smith
Gunston O'Brien Breust
Wingard Patton Lewis
McEvoy O'Meara Worpel

i forgot about pinchy

Impey will rotate wing/HBF. he was quite the weapon this year.
Its a good 22, but doesnt bat deep

Which is depressing cos we're in the same bucket...minus the threepeat.

Port looks a shambles at the moment. Completely bungled their trade window. Question marks over players like Wines and SPP that look likely to linger through 2020. Kenny's decision to play some of their best in the 2s this year. Duursma, Butters and Rozee will be worth keeping an eye on next year. I think Port might fall over.

Port looks a shambles at the moment. Completely bungled their trade window. Question marks over players like Wines and SPP that look likely to linger through 2020. Kenny's decision to play some of their best in the 2s this year. Duursma, Butters and Rozee will be worth keeping an eye on next year. I think Port might fall over.
Should just fold.

Maybe.

Reckon the internet is way more influential.

Imagine the s**t Wayne Carey would have copped for his off field shenanigans if he played now?

These guys now cop it 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The problem is that most of them hook themselves into the online world when they are teenagers so it is not an easy option for them to unhook (which would be the smart thing to do while they play)
2 words Social media. That would make anyone depressed having unknown self professed experts bagging everything you do wrong

Impey Frawley Stratton
Sicily Frost Hardwick
Scully Mitchell Smith
Gunston O'Brien Breust
Wingard Patton Lewis
McEvoy O'Meara Worpel

Half their best 22 from other clubs.

Hope I never have to negotiate with Peter Bell for anything. He's obviously using the Jedi mind trick but not going too far to maintain plausible deniability.

Absolute monster deal again.

Acres is an untapped potential. Big body, big engine and really just crying out to be, let's say, Nat Fyfe's 2IC.

I initially read the trade and thought it was a missprint. s**t just keeps flowing to Freo.

Having said that Saints have had q good trade period. Compliments their list very well.

Reckon I'll be siding with Adelaide re Keath.

Doesnt really matter where he came from he's a gun KPD that can do it all.

Reckon it starts with a pick in the 20s at an absolute minimum.

Got there in the end more or less, but I agree, some really odd valuations of players this trade period.

Dogs pushed back on a 2nd rounder because Keith needs minor surgery that will keep him out till around Christmas.

Suns knock back a 2nd and a 3rd for Martin, Acres essentially offloaded for nothing, Frost for less than nothing and Callum Ah Chee garners a second round pick despite being and having done nothing. Swans prepared to word up Daniher for months but not step up to the plate when it counted and when they had the ammo to do so.

Hard to say the Saints haven’t won just by sheer volume of stuff they brought in but the last week was a bit whack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got there in the end more or less, but I agree, some really odd valuations of players this trade period.

Dogs pushed back on a 2nd rounder because Keith needs minor surgery that will keep him out till around Christmas.

Suns knock back a 2nd and a 3rd for Martin, Acres essentially offloaded for nothing, Frost for less than nothing and Callum Ah Chee garners a second round pick despite being and having done nothing. Swans prepared to word up Daniher for months but not step up to the plate when it counted and when they had the ammo to do so.

Hard to say the Saints haven’t won just by sheer volume of stuff they brought in but the last week was a bit whack.

James Aish at a 3rd AFL club with another 3 year contract?! Goes to show the bias towards elite juniors, he's a VFL player.

Agreed. Weird stuff.

The valuing of KPDs is odd. You pay a premium for a guy who takes uncontested intercept marks which are basically a result of field position but the guys who stop key forwards are worth nothing.

The interceptor comes in all shapes and sizes. Only a few have the tools stop the best.

Frost is seriously underrated. N. Roo said he's the kpd at Melbourne he'd hope didn't walk to him. Says he knew he could work May over, didnt even bother with Lever.

Last edited:

Freo?
Mayne compensation pick for Hill for 10, Acres and bunch more.

Quietly, i rate Acres. He should slide in alongside Fyfe nicely in their midfield.

Keath and Bruce are good additions to Dogs and they haven’t lost anything.

Wasn’t that rapt with what Saints did. Ryder handy but clearly diminished. Howard looks ok but still unknown quantity.

They desperately need more mid depth and Hill will definitely help but not sure Jones will. Plus they’ve lost Steven and Acres, don’t think it’s been a huge gain.

Max King will make a difference, will be a star and can see why they wanted Bruce off the books.

Hawthorn fans saying they have had a super successful trade period because they went in looking for a KPD and KPF and got Frost and Patton.

So can we say our trade period was a roaring success because we got our targets (Midfield depth and a backup ruckman) in Cutler and Phillips? 🤭

This competition is so compromised. The academy stuff is getting ridiculous. GWS will basically always contend because they always have top talent lined up. The fact that they can pick up Green after playing in a grand final is frustrating. He'd literally be our best mid in two years if not next year.

If he wants to leave, the receiver will pay a million top 10 picks to restart the cycle.

Sydney have two talented academy-tied players next year. Also had the luxury of picking up Mills, Blakey and Heeney.

Gold Coast will now have access to some talented Darwin prospects that no one can bid on. What does that even mean?

I know all clubs now have NGAs, but it's going to be as good as the zone you have.

This competition is so compromised. The academy stuff is getting ridiculous. GWS will basically always contend because they always have top talent lined up. The fact that they can pick up Green after playing in a grand final is frustrating. He'd literally be our best mid in two years if not next year.

If he wants to leave, the receiver will pay a million top 10 picks to restart the cycle.

Sydney have two talented academy-tied players next year. Also had the luxury of picking up Mills, Blakey and Heeney.

Gold Coast will now have access to some talented Darwin prospects that no one can bid on. What does that even mean?

I know all clubs now have NGAs, but it's going to be as good as the zone you have.

Yep. Soon the other clubs will be campaigning against it hard. If the AFL are desperate for the growth in NSW and Queensland they need to pay up and fund the academies themselves. Same growth without the priority access.

Yep. Soon the other clubs will be campaigning against it hard. If the AFL are desperate for the growth in NSW and Queensland they need to pay up and fund the academies themselves. Same growth without the priority access.
Yep. AFL can fund it for the benefit of all clubs. Just like Buddy broke COLA, I think Green will put the academy in the spotlight.

If Green wasn't tied to the academy, we'd 100% agree to a 3-way trade between us, Melbourne and Sydney that sees Daniher + Melbourne's second go to Sydney, pick 3 and 5 come to us and Papley + our future first going to Melbourne.
That way, we'd get one of Rowell, Anderson or Green and another pick. Our need for a top end ball winning mid sorted, Sydney get their man and Melbourne address their desperate need for a small forward.

Because the competition is so compromised, it screws up our own list development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back