Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he’s arguing that “comrade Andrews” is letting people protest so we should be allowed to attend the footy
Didn't Comrade say not to protest?

I love my rugby league, and dont consider it an 'inferior' game as such, but it has definitely had some off field issues and a totally inept (until now) administration that have set it back.

As a spectacle, it has run into the same issue that AFL has, in that the defensive side of the game has progressed and even overtaken the offensive execution of the game. Specifically the grapple/wrestle at the completion of a tackle, the nuanced advantages being found in a sliding defensive line and the seeming relaxation on defensive offside penalties meant that the game can slow down to a stop. Though much like AFL you can clearly tell the difference between quality teams playing each other as the spectacle and skills are much better. An NRL match between Gold coast titans vs Canterbury is unwatchable, but so is a match between the suns and dockers for example in the AFL last year

I know of plenty of rugby league fans that didnt mind AFL that now cant stand it as they think it has dissolved into a 2 hour game of stacks on due to the amount of stoppages and defensive mechanisms in play around the ground, and they would have a point.

I thought the 6 again adjustment was brilliant as it allowed fatigue to creep in quicker and stopped teams lying over the top of completed tackles. Though i wish they would go back to 2 refs as there were some poor decisions made because the ref was wrong sided.
It's funny that because I came from following League to AFL, I actually don't mind the stoppages and I love it when the defensive team goes man-on-man. As well, when the ground is congested and it turns into a fierce scrap for possession and you can see the really quick and often subtle hand skills as they try to take possession or find a way through; I love that. I have a feeling that I'm really going to enjoy seeing what the ex-Richmondians bring to our style of play.

Beerfish changed his name to That dumb campaigner

Dero thought he’d be cheeky and changed his name to BEERFISH. Now it’s been changed back, so it says “formerly BEERFISH” under his name.
He's a cheeky malaka

Beerfish changed his name to That dumb campaigner

Dero thought he’d be cheeky and changed his name to BEERFISH. Now it’s been changed back, so it says “formerly BEERFISH” under his name.

Why make it complicated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather watch soccer than rugby league
I don't mind watching soccer but the build up to goals during a game can be very slow. The staging for free kicks is outrageous in that game too. It really needs to be cleaned up.
A high intensity game of league with top class players can be outstanding when it feels like the line could be broken by either team at any time. State of Origin is often like that. World Cup soccer finals can have that feeling. Maybe the leagues do too but I avoid watching soccer generally. I'd rather watch tennis.

Did they say they are hosting games? Article I read seemed to mention there should be a retrospective arrangement. We want to play all our games at Kardinia but the MCC should send us money. Kindly bail us out while we're broke but we want to see the back of you.
They said they're confident they'll be paid if they host games. Which article did you read?

The Cats have previously stated that their desire was to play all home games at GMHBA Stadium.
But with Geelong scheduled to play a host of "home" games at the MCG in past seasons, and with the possibility of matches at the home of football this season, Cook is eager to learn whether his club will be eligible for the $180,000 boost that Victorian tenants Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton, Hawthorn, Melbourne and Essendon receive, should the Cats play at the 'G
They want all their games at GMHBA, and money off the MCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back