Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Nick Maxwell LOL

Eddie was great in a business and development sense making the Pies mega $$$$ and financially.

The communication personal level and gaffes not so good and probably should've left after the Mick handover thing and let someone new nurse Bucks.

Will no doubt either get a safe Labor seat or run for Mayor of Melbourne 2023/24

So not always a bad thing to knock back a trade request

So not always a bad thing to knock back a trade request

To be fair, Sydney have three captains so their leadership group is probably 43 blokes

IHurley

All Australian
Jan 12, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Because they're a false equivalency.

Sweetheart, you are the proverbial pigeon on the chessboard.
2+2=4

Calling it a "false equivalency" without even bothering to explain why you think that would be an incorrect argument.

Repeating over and over that it's a "false equivalency" wouldn't render it any less incorrect.

Now, are you going to explain why applying a metric to one person that you refuse to apply to another person is a valid argument? Or are you just going to stare blankly into space and say "duuuuh but *this* time it's DIFFERENT!!!"?

It's alright. You've got your fellow travellers who'll think your "chessboard" comment was witty and insightful but beyond that anybody can see that you point blank refuse to answer the key question. You've had plenty of opportunities but I'll give you another one.

If "mob on your front yard" is the *one and only* metric for the question "are you being harmed?" [which you claimed] then why isn't "mob on your front yard" the metric for "are you being harmed?" [which you also claimed].

In other words why did you claim that A=/=A?

And when this was pointed out to you, why did you just repeat "duuuh false equivalence" over and over like some fool instead of: a) admitting you're wrong; or b) at least attempting to explain why you don't believe that A=A?

2+2=4

Calling it a "false equivalency" without even bothering to explain why you think that would be an incorrect argument.

Repeating over and over that it's a "false equivalency" wouldn't render it any less incorrect.

Now, are you going to explain why applying a metric to one person that you refuse to apply to another person is a valid argument? Or are you just going to stare blankly into space and say "duuuuh but *this* time it's DIFFERENT!!!"?

It's alright. You've got your fellow travellers who'll think your "chessboard" comment was witty and insightful but beyond that anybody can see that you point blank refuse to answer the key question. You've had plenty of opportunities but I'll give you another one.

If "mob on your front yard" is the *one and only* metric for the question "are you being harmed?" [which you claimed] then why isn't "mob on your front yard" the metric for "are you being harmed?" [which you also claimed].

In other words why did you claim that A=/=A?

And when this was pointed out to you, why did you just repeat "duuuh false equivalence" over and over like some fool instead of: a) admitting you're wrong; or b) at least attempting to explain why you don't believe that A=A?
Why start this up again 4 days later?

IHurley

All Australian
Jan 12, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Have I gone stark raving mad, or did I not literally, LITERALLY explain what a false equivalency was?
No. What you LITERALLY did was stare blankly into space and say "ummm, that's a false equivalency". At no point did you attempt to explain why you don't believe that A=A. But if you think you have and I've just missed this sparkling insight then just quote yourself doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back