Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And side note - ever noticed how racist arseholes break the space time continuum in their efforts to explain how not racist they are?
????

I realise someone who thinks A=/=A probably can't be expected to have sound comprehension skills but it's hard to imagine interpreting what I have said as some kind of apology - let alone for racism.

Almost every a-hole I've ever met has been in love with virtue signalling. I've *never* met a single person who wasn't racist but they're only arseholes if they value moral preening above truth and acting in good faith. Know anybody like that Jade?

Last edited:
Here I'll even give you another opportunity to deflect.

Your argument was *if* there is no mob on your yard *then* you cannot have been harmed.

Notice the "if" and "then". That's important because I know how much you love logic. This is known as modus ponens. If "A" therefore "B". A. Therefore B.

Now, Lumumba too experienced "A". He had no mob on his yard either. Therefore - according to you - "B" [he cannot have been harmed].

Tell me oh great logical mind Jade, is modus ponens a "false equivalence" argument?

Just so you know the only honest answer from you is "oops" but I suspect I'll get "duuuh RAYCISSSS!!!" and "I'm so clever" and "ummm but logic is white supremacy" and "sniff sniff, why won't you believe me that it's really really really really false equivalence?".

Last edited:

Ok I'm pulling the pin on this one. Take it to pm if you guys want to go on with it.

Further posts will be deleted.

Thanks.

You used to be cool man.

I'd be confident saying our Indigneous programs shat all over Collingwoods from a great height.
You'd hope so.
Do I think we had players filling out bios on behalf of Aboriginal team mates full of racial slurs and leaving it outside their locker to find? No I don't.
Let me rephrase, even though I'm pretty sure you're being disingenuous.

Do you think Essendon were immune from racism?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd hope so.

I don’t know any sporting institution that has been completely free of racism.

Having said that, it is indisputably true that Collingwood have been significantly more pronounced in this regard.

You'd hope so.

I'm sure no club throughout history has been immune from it but I'm also pretty confident a club that had Michael Long playing for it and one who he was happy for his sons to play at have had a pretty good record over the same period Collingwood is being taken to task over.

Not sure what kind of gotcha moment you're going for here but you won't get it. My initial comment was based on exactly what you tried to characterise as disingenuous. That was the one specific incident mentioned in that article and that's what I was referencing with my response.

I'm sure no club throughout history has been immune from it but I'm also pretty confident a club that had Michael Long playing for it and one who he was happy for his sons to play at have had a pretty good record over the same period Collingwood is being taken to task over.

Not sure what kind of gotcha moment you're going for here but you won't get it. My initial comment was based on exactly what you tried to characterise as disingenuous. That was the one specific incident mentioned in that article and that's what I was referencing with my response.
Not playing for a gotchya moment.

My response stems from surprise at what I interpreted as a facetious comment (he should have come to Essendon = he wouldn't have faced racism here).

You then (in my eyes) doubled down by referring to a specific incident at Collingwood when I asked you about it, when I would assume it's clear to all that all clubs would have had s**t like this. Jade's response is spot on, but you disappointed me with your disingenuous response (again, my interpretation).

I'm not looking for anyone to flame our club, I just took both of your responses to imply that this issue (of which Leon Davis' experiences are one small part of) is isolated to what Collingwood players are reporting.

I'm happy to move on, I just found your responses disappointing.

Not playing for a gotchya moment.

My response stems from surprise at what I interpreted as a facetious comment (he should have come to Essendon = he wouldn't have faced racism here).

You then (in my eyes) doubled down by referring to a specific incident at Collingwood when I asked you about it, when I would assume it's clear to all that all clubs would have had sh*t like this. Jade's response is spot on, but you disappointed me with your disingenuous response (again, my interpretation).

I'm not looking for anyone to flame our club, I just took both of your responses to imply that this issue (of which Leon Davis' experiences are one small part of) is isolated to what Collingwood players are reporting.

I'm happy to move on, I just found your responses disappointing.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Showing my age, but Geelong was raised to be seen not to recruit first nationers for many a year, across the 70's and 80's
Odd considering their success with Polly

Apparently Daniher, McStay and Hipwood have great chemistry in the Brisbane forward line, according to onlookers at their intraclub.

View attachment 1062749
Surely you can only have 2 big guys up there at one time?? You can get away with it in intraclub matches but in a real match the opposition will just run it out of defense with Joey jogging along at the back of the chase.

Surely you can only have 2 big guys up there at one time?? You can get away with it in intraclub matches but in a real match the opposition will just run it out of defense with Joey jogging along at the back of the chase.

All 3 are pretty mobile, plus they have Cameron / McCarthy / Rayner down there so it'll be a 3 x Tall + 3 x Med-Smalls. All 6 being good overhead too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back