Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just about the most terrifying attack in the competition for mine.

Excellent blend of talents, ability and size.

With reasonable delivery they'll be hard to stop if they're all fit and on the park; Daniher & Cameron are basically undefendable on a lead. Hopefully they all remain unable to kick straight when they play EFC.

I agree.

But it probably more reflects that with changes in board, selection committees, recruitment, coaches etc. that ideas change
Google tells me Gary Malarkey played in that period too.

Surely you can only have 2 big guys up there at one time?? You can get away with it in intraclub matches but in a real match the opposition will just run it out of defense with Joey jogging along at the back of the chase.
Pre wanting to play anywhere but Essendon, Joe did alright with his defensive efforts.

Geez the Hawkes might be struggling for any decent players by Round 1 at this rate.

Hawthorn has its own injury concerns with Chad Wingard suffering a calf setback in last week’s intraclub, and misses today along with Jack Scrimshaw (knee).

Tom Mitchell (shoulder reconstruction) is still recovering from off-season surgery while James Sicily (ACL) and Jack Gunston (back) are in the rehab group.

Hawks managed to beat the Dogs today. Obviously only preseason, but still...

Side note - Josh Dunkley spent a lot of time forward. Was apparently unsighted through the middle in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks managed to beat the Dogs today. Obviously only preseason, but still...

Side note - Josh Dunkley spent a lot of time forward. Was apparently unsighted through the middle in the second half.
Probs coz the best draftee in the history of ever didn't play. On both points..

I've been waiting for this article. With WADA reducing ban lengths for postive illicit drugs tests on match day to almost nothing, the illicit drugs polices that many sporting codes have, which were introduced due to WADA's insane and stupid ban periods that previously existed, now have little reason to exist, and certainly little reason for 'tougher' bans as many would like. it seems this David Sharpe fella knows this too, so he's changing the reason around illicit drug policies to be one of law and order. This reasoning and him can get in the bin, but it'll probably have supporters

I've been waiting for this article. With WADA reducing ban lengths for postive illicit drugs tests on match day to almost nothing, the illicit drugs polices that many sporting codes have, which were introduced due to WADA's insane and stupid ban periods that previously existed, now have little reason to exist, and certainly little reason for 'tougher' bans as many would like. it seems this David Sharpe fella knows this too, so he's changing the reason around illicit drug policies to be one of law and order. This reasoning and him can get in the bin, but it'll probably have supporters
Legalise illicit drugs the same way alcohol and tobacco is legalized. No criminal element to it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back