Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m sure if Windy Hill seated 40,000 we’d still be playing there
There was a plan back in the day to develop the Showgrounds and have us 1/2 tennant with North Melb. Transport. Parking. Established. Around the same time we moved to the G or just before - well raised by Sheedy.

Corangamite is a classic federal swing seat.
Kardinia park sits in the electorate of Corio federally which has been a labor held since 1931.

It sits in state electorate of Geelong, which has been labor held for 22 years.

Safe to say neither of them classify as swing seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS are totally cooked.

Coniglio out for 8, Davis out for 6, De Boer out for 10.

Christ.

They'll probably come out and win by 75 points ala us last week now

Taranto, Hopper, Green, Greene, Kelly is still some talent through the middle. Plus O'Halloran and whoever else they've got.

Their issue is that they keep drafting midfielders with high selections, then losing them because they can't get games, and that they don't draft team-oriented role players often (like DeBoer). Having a few injuries through the middle may not be as bad as it seems.

Now everyone’s talking about short term contracts and loan systems because of GC’s ruck situation.

They’ve got 49 players on their list and pushed Wright out for nothing last year while contracted, if they can’t find someone to ruck they can suffer in their own jocks as far as I’m concerned

Corangamite is a classic federal swing seat.

Corangamite basically surrounds Corio and would be 70% cats fans. That's the one which gets Kardinia Park Federal money. It's also just been re-distributed and will exist as Tucker at the next election and will likely be a key battleground.

South Barwon was 2% in Vic State election (2014).

It's the Coalition vs ALP interface in the area.

It shat me to tears listening to every talk and tv show complain about the Geelong v Hawthorn match.

For a start, it's one match so get over it...

But more importantly it's just another example of how commentary refuses to scratch the surface to understand what is happening during a game, and then what the implications are for the season.

We know Richmond squeezes an opponent into long bombs and kicking to a short option to give them more time to set up behind the ball.

Clarkson laid out the blueprint last week and the game against the Tigers was shut down in the second half.

Geelong had lost 4 of its best scoring options (Cameron, Rohan, Dangerfield and Menegola). Hawthorn's forward line was also weak.

It was the week for Scott to look at the plan for how to play against Richmond while also adding the tagger to the midfield mix. At the end of the day, they're almost certainly going to have to get through Richmond to win the flag they've topped up to try to win.

To think the argument is that it's the run and gun that will stand up in September because it looks good in April. That would be novel.

Scott says they got the balance wrong. Better to get it wrong in round 3 than in a prelim.

Last edited:
Another batch of bad news for St Kilda...

Hannebery has re-injured his calf, and Geary is having another round of surgery on his ankle, pushing him back ANOTHER 6 weeks.

Joisus.

Tom Morris is a special sort of dull.

Buddy the most watchable in the AFL still?
spell me pls d***head.

Nik Cox was better to watch in that game, let alone some of the top guns in the comp at the moment.
I too enjoy watching insanely overpaid and perennially injured forwards jumping under the ball and complaining about it

buddy is still more exciting to watch than everyone bar, like dustin martin. it just kinda goes with the territory of being only one of like 3 players from his generation who should be a HOF legend and who is currently chasing an achievement that could well never been seen again, and who is making a comeback after a year on the sidelines

buddy is still more exciting to watch than everyone bar, like dustin martin. it just kinda goes with the territory of being only one of like 3 players from his generation who should be a HOF legend and who is currently chasing an achievement that could well never been seen again, and who is making a comeback after a year on the sidelines
certainly the legacy is there.
He's at Ablett Jnr's level in the last 20 years for me.

Francis kept up with him tonight for large parts...Fair to say you aren't flying anymore at that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back