Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCartney gets a 20k fine for umpire abuse. What an a-hole.
2a0422dc-bc72-4d4e-b306-2f78abb5a6d8-gif.614507

nonamehack

Team Captain
May 9, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Essendon
McCartney gets a 20k fine for umpire abuse. What an a-hole.
Seems like a pretty low fine considering he wasn't allowed in there and was trying to influence the outcome of a game. On par with betting on a game you are involved in. So to me suspension from match day commitments would be more in line with an adequate penalty

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
Martin is one of many Australians who has family overseas which he has literally not been allowed to visit due to Government restrictions for over a year now. With the window opened for him to now visit his father, he'd be absolute bonkers to not do it ASAP. In a month's time, either side of the bubble could get cold feet and it's another 12 months before he can his see father.

Martin is one of many Australians who has family overseas which he has literally not been allowed to visit due to Government restrictions for over a year now. With the window opened for him to now visit his father, he'd be absolute bonkers to not do it ASAP. In a month's time, either side of the bubble could get cold feet and it's another 12 months before he can his see father.
Especially since he's out for a week with concussion iirc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially since he's out for a week with concussion iirc.
I didn't think you could fly with concussion?

I had a friend who got concussion in Bali and wasn't allow to fly back

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Seems like a pretty low fine considering he wasn't allowed in there and was trying to influence the outcome of a game. On par with betting on a game you are involved in. So to me suspension from match day commitments would be more in line with an adequate penalty
Game into disrepute charge (seems that one is exclusive for us)
fine of 20k
4 week suspension

Absolutely not on.
i get cranky at umps in most games, but the line is drawn at abusing them. Simple truth is the game doesn't exist without them, it's a thankless and difficult job and it's a game/they're people
That he's a senior figure at an AFL club is not good.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
He brought in the re-treads that made up a good quarter or so of that three-peat list.
Tyrone Vickery?
Giving us some leverage in the Carlisle trade?

You're on track as far as I can tell.

If you go to Wikipedia it credits Wright with Burgoyne and Gibson but they were already there.

That leaves Gunston, McEvoy and Lake.

He has a draft record that is decidedly average. Hits are Hill, Sicily, maybe O'Brien, Burtone, Hardwick, Worpel and Day.

Too early to tell but probably make it: Morrison, Hanrahan, Lewis, Cousins, Moore, Kosi, Downie and DGB.

That's 10 drafts between 11 and 20.

2 first round picks on O'Meara, with that injury history, and managing a list deep into the bottom 6 on the ladder and with no capital to quickly turn it around.

Compare this to the way Geelong, Sydney and Richmond have managed themselves during sustained periods of top 4 campaigns.

Winning premierships is not an excuse for a list manager who basically had no part in the premiership list. His job was to manage things so the Hawks don't fall into the hole in which they find themselves, surely?

You're on track as far as I can tell.

If you go to Wikipedia it credits Wright with Burgoyne and Gibson but they were already there.

That leaves Gunston, McEvoy and Lake.

He has a draft record that is decidedly average. Hits are Hill, Sicily, maybe O'Brien, Burtone, Hardwick, Worpel and Day.

Too early to tell but probably make it: Morrison, Hanrahan, Lewis, Cousins, Moore, Kosi, Downie and DGB.

That's 10 drafts between 11 and 20.

2 first round picks on O'Meara, with that injury history, and managing a list deep into the bottom 6 on the ladder and with no capital to quickly turn it around.

Compare this to the way Geelong, Sydney and Richmond have managed themselves during sustained periods of top 4 campaigns.

Winning premierships is not an excuse for a list manager who basically had no part in the premiership list. His job was to manage things so the Hawks don't fall into the hole in which they find themselves, surely?
Just on the draft they have not had lot of top end picks in recent times.
Also when Clarkson says find me players to top up then that is what you do. There is 100% no doubt that Clarkson runs the football department.
Being in recruiting at the Hawks since 2007 says he did have some part of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back