Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I’m watching North for the first time this year... you would see a grown man cry if we were to lose to that side!

The only way North will get a win this year is if their opponent doesn’t turn up on the day cos their bus was held up in traffic.

I can't believe the fuss about Buckley.

Collingwood might not be using the words 'rebuild' or 'refresh' but after a bunch of good players were forced out and a bunch of other key players reaching the end of their careers that's where they are at. When sides do that they don't perform too well. People seem to forget he coached them to within a bees dick of winning a flag and almost made a second grand final. By any measure that's pretty successful.

I think the media have just singled him out like the sick gazelle of the herd and are going to town on him. Much like with anything Essendon, they know full well that articles about Collingwood will deliver a s**t ton of clicks and will take full toll.

Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I can't believe the fuss about Buckley.

Collingwood might not be using the words 'rebuild' or 'refresh' but after a bunch of good players were forced out and a bunch of other key players reaching the end of their careers that's where they are at. When sides do that they don't perform too well. People seem to forget he coached them to within a bees dick of winning a flag and almost made a second grand final. By any measure that's pretty successful.

I think the media have just singled him out like the sick gazelle of the herd and are going to town on him. Much like with anything Essendon, they know full well that articles about Collingwood will deliver a sh*t ton of clicks and will take full toll.

I'm not sure as many people are as blind to this as you think, especially Collingwood fans. It's possible to think they're entering a rebuilding phase and that Buckley isn't the right man to oversee it. How often do clubs drop to the bottom and retain a coach who's already been there a decade? There's usually a fresh start with a new coach in those or similar circumstances.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
When will Kane Cornes admit that he may have been wrong when he implored Carlton supporters to admit that The Blues clearly took the wrong player when they chose Walsh over Rozee.

He may be vindicated in the end. Rozee's had injuries but I think that Walsh has put a gap on him at the present.

I don't think it's clear at all especially when Walsh was a Victorian boy and Rozee a South Aussie.

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
When will Kane Cornes admit that he may have been wrong when he implored Carlton supporters to admit that The Blues clearly took the wrong player when they chose Walsh over Rozee.

He may be vindicated in the end. Rozee's had injuries but I think that Walsh has put a gap on him at the present.

I don't think it's clear at all especially when Walsh was a Victorian boy and Rozee a South Aussie.
And keep hearing media (and supporters) giving Norf a hard time for taking Phillips over McDonald (who will be a big Eagles/Dockers target down the track)

I'm not sure as many people are as blind to this as you think, especially Collingwood fans. It's possible to think they're entering a rebuilding phase and that Buckley isn't the right man to oversee it. How often do clubs drop to the bottom and retain a coach who's already been there a decade? There's usually a fresh start with a new coach in those or similar circumstances.
I've heard a stack of people say he's a crap coach who needs to go and very few saying he should say.

I expect that sort of thing from the nuffies and riff raff on talkback radio but I'd like to think the media could apply a bit of analysis to the situation.

You know what else shits me? All the pearl clutching about Port wanting to wear their SANFL jumper.

I am 150% certain that the only reason they were banned from keeping the prison bars jumper when they entered the AFL was a bunch of egotistical dick waving from Collingwood. Fair enough that they couldn't be the Magpies' but the jumpers are completely different (they could just about play Collingwood in them without needing a clash strip) and aside from being the magpies the only thing the clubs have in common is a fickle and feral fanbase so there was never going to be an identity issue.

"They're the Power now, not the Magpies" So rename the prison bars to the stobie poles or something
"They can't wear the prison bars because they need to respect their 'Power' heritage" Obviously their heritage as the Port Magpies is significant. There's a reason they got the nod and not the Reynella Wineflies.
"Maybe they can wear it once a year during heritage round" If they can wear it once during the year without the sky falling in or bringing about the end of times then surly they can wear it multiple times without causing any problems.

Footy should be about the fans (as opposed to egotistical club presidents - current and former) and I see no realistic way that the benefit of letting Port fans properly acknowledge and display their heritage can be outweighed by the negative impacts on Collingwood fans. I'm not even sure what negative impacts could be caused by this. If it causes that much psychological trauma to Collingwood fans then maybe the AFL can set up a support hotline, call it Beyond Teal and offer support like being locked in a cage with NLM Byron Pickett or access to a custom Marley Spoon subscription where they leave little cups of cement at your door.

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
You know what else shits me? All the pearl clutching about Port wanting to wear their SANFL jumper.

I am 150% certain that the only reason they were banned from keeping the prison bars jumper when they entered the AFL was a bunch of egotistical dick waving from Collingwood. Fair enough that they couldn't be the Magpies' but the jumpers are completely different (they could just about play Collingwood in them without needing a clash strip) and aside from being the magpies the only thing the clubs have in common is a fickle and feral fanbase so there was never going to be an identity issue.

"They're the Power now, not the Magpies" So rename the prison bars to the stobie poles or something
"They can't wear the prison bars because they need to respect their 'Power' heritage" Obviously their heritage as the Port Magpies is significant. There's a reason they got the nod and not the Reynella Wineflies.
"Maybe they can wear it once a year during heritage round" If they can wear it once during the year without the sky falling in or bringing about the end of times then surly they can wear it multiple times without causing any problems.

Footy should be about the fans (as opposed to egotistical club presidents - current and former) and I see no realistic way that the benefit of letting Port fans properly acknowledge and display their heritage can be outweighed by the negative impacts on Collingwood fans. I'm not even sure what negative impacts could be caused by this. If it causes that much psychological trauma to Collingwood fans then maybe the AFL can set up a support hotline, call it Beyond Teal and offer support like being locked in a cage with NLM Byron Pickett or access to a custom Marley Spoon subscription where they leave little cups of cement at your door.
I'm not sure there is an issue I care less about in footy - no, the world - than the Power jumper issue. I don't care what happens, the AFL just need to kill it (which they might have now done) or Port take it to court and get it over with.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon

I was just watching some vision on footy classified about Collingwood. They had a graphic about uncontested marks or some s**t comparing Gold Coast with Port and the Port logo was on the screen with its bars. I was legit confused thinking the footage was suns and port in sanfl jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as Port goes, I'm more interested in the fact that they have only beaten one team above 12th and it was only by 2 points.

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 22.14.02.png

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hey yourself.
Oh right. Hi there.

I accidentally pressed reply earlier there before making my key statement which is that your Cox guy is a weird talent and a gun

As far as Port goes, I'm more interested in the fact that they have only beaten one team above 12th and it was only by 2 points.

View attachment 1118130
they said today they are like the Eagles only good at home

which means no Port or Eagles flag

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
I’m watching North for the first time this year... you would see a grown man cry if we were to lose to that side!

The only way North will get a win this year is if their opponent doesn’t turn up on the day cos their bus was held up in traffic.
Tread careful, it could be our bus.

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Teams have agreed to Thursday night teams again
There is a God then. Probably the same one that causes a player to miss a shot at goal after a dodgy free kick and eventually evens up umpiring decisions except for the life of me refuses to get involved in Syd vs Ess games in Sydney.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
It probably won't change much for SC tragics, clubs will name a dodgy side with 10 interchange .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back