Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong is cooked. To believe otherwise is to be blinded by their reputation in the last decade.

Ask yourself this. If we had 2021 Cameron and Hawkins in our forward line, do you guys think we would be infinitely better? Would a lot of other clubs go from being possiblities to absolute contenders? Exactly.

They have that. And yet they still falter at crunch time. Melbourne in Round 23 could have barely given a toss and they still managed to outwork them after a full four quarters.

The question is, can you keep risking the almost? And pay more of a price later on? Or do you swallow your pride and start realizing you have to move 2 steps back to go 3 steps forward.

I think it's come at a point where Geelong are not in the position to be risky anymore.

They just finished top 4 yet again and were a win short of a Grand Final appearance.

Me thinks you’re maybe adding a little Mayo.

They should have been flipping to the page of the AFL handbook with the chapter titled "Forfeiture".

Win short? That's mayo.

Win one game and they’re in the GF. Sounds pretty factual for me.

They’ve been top-4 for 7 of the last 10 seasons, forgive me if I’m not jumping onboard with pronouncing them cooked when they’ve consistently proven to be one of the best run clubs in the AFL.

Win one game and they’re in the GF. Sounds pretty factual for me.

They’ve been top-4 for 7 of the last 10 seasons, forgive me if I’m not jumping onboard with pronouncing them cooked when they’ve consistently proven to be one of the best run clubs in the AFL.

They were never close to winning that. And they only made it to that slaughterhouse because they trounced an overdone GWS after having their ass slapped in the week prior and their pants pulled down in the last game of the season.

Fact of the matter is, a lot of clubs finish in the "top 4" for long periods prior to their slide. That's the point.

Eventually the run of luck ends, due to effort, due to injuries, or just simply due to age. The warning signs are greater for those of which who do not come out of them with flags.

And those warnings signs, you seem to just brush off due to it being "Geelong", and call out constructive criticism as "mayo".

Agree to disagree.

Geelong to lose Narkle Clark Constable and Kreuger all leaving or linked to leaving

Do Geelong let Henderson go to keep Kreuger
Let Dalhaus go to keep Narkle
etc

Think all these Geelong kids, have a touch of the Mitch Hallahans about them. All their reputations are enhanced because they are not getting a game in finals side. I wouldn't be surprised if they went on to other clubs and don't do much.

Nathan Jones went home to be with his wife when their twins were born, rather than stay and play in the grand final. Good timing it seems;

He probably knew for sometime he wasn't going to get a game, even as a sub if they made it to a GF which made his decision even easier. He's had a hell of career in many s**t sides in some dark periods for Melbourne, and will leave a huge legacy at that club. Shame he's not going to be playing, but the right call by Melbourne.

Heard the interview as well but as sad as it was my thoughts where along the lines of well it is a GF. My old man has been in hospital a few times in the last 18 months but at various stages I have not been able to get into QLD to see him despite being fully vaccinated and willing to do the quarantine at my cost. I am not surprised Gerard moved on.
Depends what is important in your life. For this guy it's GFs, for some people it's career, others it's family, and other people a whole bunch of different other things. Wouldn't bother me personally, but I hate hearing about people going through rough circumstances, particularly when it's due to a seemingly arbitrarily enforced border rule that lets some people in but not others with no clear reason (eg Gary Lyon gets in but Eddy doesn't). Different story if there's a clear health reason or he refused to quarantine etc.

Sucks your dad has been unwell, hope he's on the mend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the Cats look at Cerra ? Clarke and a pick back the other way ? Has not been linked but is not too far out to be considered.

Do the Cats look at Cerra ? Clarke and a pick back the other way ? Has not been linked but is not too far out to be considered.
Would make a lot of Sense they have Clarke and Narkle both WA boys swap both for Cerra and a first rounder?

Would make a lot of Sense they have Clarke and Narkle both WA boys swap both for Cerra and a first rounder?

Cerra is probably worth Clark, Narkle and a first rounder on exposed form. Geelong don't have the currency to get Cerra.

Cerra is probably worth Clark, Narkle and a first rounder on exposed form. Geelong don't have the currency to get Cerra.
Looking like he went nope * to Carlton and is looking likely to go to Melbourne

Not sure how Melbourne get it done though

Looking like he went nope fu** to Carlton and is looking likely to go to Melbourne

Not sure how Melbourne get it done though

If they win the flag this year, there'll probably be a few peripheral players who's reputations will be enhanced that they get traded for above what their value would otherwise be. They could also try to use this and next year's first to get him over.

If they win the flag this year, there'll probably be a few peripheral players who's reputations will be enhanced that they get traded for above what their value would otherwise be. They could also try to use this and next year's first to get him over.
Maybe shed Melksham, Weideman

Freo will probably ask for Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back