Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy cameron laughing after a loss disgusting look delist burn down the cattery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Ryan is a s**t bloke.

Personally, I have no problem with this. Spent the best part of 8 years attending at least 9 games a year waiting and waiting for them to do something, cause you know... football!

They've been a major disappointment on the coast, they have some serious talent atm, so hopefully now is the time.

Don't understand how a side like Melbourne keeps winning. They're honestly not that good. They skirmish, get crumbs their way, and bullock to the front. But any premier of the past would have put them away most of the time.

It's like there's some placebo effect where teams go in looking at them in a certain way and just give up.

Don't understand how a side like Melbourne keeps winning. They're honestly not that good. They skirmish, get crumbs their way, and bullock to the front. But any premier of the past would have put them away most of the time.

It's like there's some placebo effect where teams go in looking at them in a certain way and just give up.
They play as a team, each of the 18 on the field knows where to go and when. They trust each other and have faith in each other's commitment and belief. Also, enough genuine stars (Petracca, Gawn, Oliver) to make a difference and role players (Langdon, Brayshaw) who are more than competent in their roles.

Not sure that's true even of the past 5 odd years.

2016 Bulldogs and 2018 Eagles are two that I'd think Melbourne would beat, and I think they'd have given Richmond a better run than any side that turned up on GF day 2017, 2019 or 2020.

They've got serious top-end talent; Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, May, Lever and Langdon (yes, Langdon) are as good as any in the AFL at what they do. That's backed up by a strong supporting cast who are AFL hardened and willing to get their hands dirty doing the ugly stuff. Their weak point is really the lack of a genuine KPP star up forward, but Brown / Weidemann / McDonald are all good 'enough' whilst Fritsch never wastes a disposal, so they make good use of their i50 entries.

The talent across the league is not that great. The way it’s set up it does create teams who can put multiple flags together. It’s why I think it’s crazy to bring in new teams. There is not enough talent to go around.

The talent across the league is not that great. The way it’s set up it does create teams who can put multiple flags together. It’s why I think it’s crazy to bring in new teams. There is not enough talent to go around.

I'd like to bring in a Tassie team but I'd be cutting it off there for the next 15-20 years at least.

But I'd also be demanding of the AFL a very
Significant investment in skills pathways from grass roots level all the way through all over the country.
Because the current level of talent is not high enough across the board and there isn't enough of it.
Even work on greater access to state league players by professional teams to increase opportunity. There is so many players across the nation with the talent to play AFL level but maybe not the fitness levels to play the modern game. Getting them into AFL clubs professional programs will find a few more Nick Martin's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back