Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
A touch bemused by the narrative. When they win, it’s a Clarkson tactical Masterclass, when they get buried it’s silence.

Can’t criticise the angry midget, he might hit them from behind.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Jeez how did we lose to this sh*t team?

Round 1 is always very unreliable when it comes to season trends.

I can remember some great (and unexpected) Round 1 victories by us... only for the season to turn sour very soon afterwards. The one that stands out is the smacking we handed out to reigning premier Sydney in 2006. We went on to lose our next 13 or 14 games in a row and they ended up playing off in another Grand Final.

If we play the Hawks next week, we'd win by 5-6 goals. But that's footy.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Interesting round, the 2 leaders in my work tipping comp are 0-4 so far this round & will be 0-6 if the Swans can get up, some good piss taking opportunities coming up if this keeps going;)

Albertross

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
A few comparisons getting thrown around here today suggesting that our win last week was not as great as we thought due to the Suns win over the Pies.

Can we make the same comparisons to tonight's game between the Lions and Port? Maybe our loss to Brisbane wasn't as bad as some feared.

Port are a top 4 team and are getting done by a similar margin as to what we did in exactly the same playing conditions.

#Tonguefirmlyincheek

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Ugh such BS. Geelong did everything to choke that.

fu** off Sydney. That was 15 easy. Cheating campaigners.
See plenty of short kicks every game paid as marks but they choose that one, haven't seen the replay yet but that looked 15
I'm pretty sure they called it touched. The commentators didn't pick that up.

See plenty of short kicks every game paid as marks but they choose that one, haven't seen the replay yet but that looked 15

from outside the goal square to the opposite point post. 15 easily

That commentary at the end was why i detest current commentators.

"Selwood had claims to htb that'll be talked about all week." "That 15m too."

What about Hawkins ******* up 2 regulation shots at goal? Let's talk about that all week.

Ugh such BS. Geelong did everything to choke that.

I'm pretty sure they called it touched. The commentators didn't pick that up.
"play on not 15, Play on not 15"

A few comparisons getting thrown around here today suggesting that our win last week was not as great as we thought due to the Suns win over the Pies.

Can we make the same comparisons to tonight's game between the Lions and Port? Maybe our loss to Brisbane wasn't as bad as some feared.

Port are a top 4 team and are getting done by a similar margin as to what we did in exactly the same playing conditions.

#Tonguefirmlyincheek
Yep, agree.

FB_IMG_1619871858124.jpg

Is that the goal post not the point post?

Albertross

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
Ump called play on as soon as they kicked the ball that Cameron marked. Thought it must have been because it was touched, didn't hear that call in the replay of that period of play though.

Very quick to call play on and judge the ball to be not 15m. Not as if it was an up and downer.

Anyway, Cats blew their chances...and * Sydney!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back