Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an interesting one.
Off field - looks a success
On the field though, it never seems to click
Well they stuffed build number 1.
At the moment it is too early to say. Young group , injuries to a few key players and maybe not the game plan for such a young group.
They really are two years away from any meaningful judgment on field. I will concede that next year they do need to start winning a few more games and pushing towards the 8 or 9 wins stage. Dew would be under a bit of pressure next year as well.

What’s Patrick Cripps doing? Watched him a few times this year and think meh.
Has the game gone past him, what should he get paid, would the WA clubs want him??
Doesn't want to be there. Mind elsewhere, probably WA. Body been thrashed by Carlton for 8 years for 0 finals appearances. Had to play with a broken back this year. Got overpaid recruits around him like McGovern, Martin and Williams as the highest paid players at the club giving no effort, barely even getting on the park. Saad has gone there on big money and played some of the most selfish football ive seen. He was told he didnt have to defend anymore so he's not. Contract negotiations dragging out. Coaching is clearly clueless and Cripps has now realised that although he helped lead the campaign for Teague train. From what he's given he deserves to be highest paid at Carlton, but if he was going to move home he'd have to take a paycut as his form hasn't been great last 2 years. I think WA clubs, and probably some other clubs like Sydney, would still want him but wouldn't be the money that Carlton should be giving him. The fact that Carlton supporters want him gone is a mess, considering what hes given the club.

Doesn't want to be there. Mind elsewhere, probably WA. Body been thrashed by Carlton for 8 years for 0 finals appearances. Had to play with a broken back this year. Got overpaid recruits around him like McGovern, Martin and Williams as the highest paid players at the club giving no effort, barely even getting on the park. Saad has gone there on big money and played some of the most selfish football ive seen. He was told he didnt have to defend anymore so he's not. Contract negotiations dragging out. Coaching is clearly clueless and Cripps has now realised that although he helped lead the campaign for Teague train. From what he's given he deserves to be highest paid at Carlton, but if he was going to move home he'd have to take a paycut as his form hasn't been great last 2 years. I think WA clubs, and probably some other clubs like Sydney, would still want him but wouldn't be the money that Carlton should be giving him. The fact that Carlton supporters want him gone is a mess, considering what hes given the club.
Some very good analysis there. Or put another way:

Fu*# Carlton

We’re waiting for the US to lead the way as usual. They led the way in demonising and criminalising them back in the early to mid last century so now we, as usual, will sit conservatively until the big Kahuna country makes a change. It is happening… slowly… but it’s bloody frustrating being in such a reactive, conservative, unprogressive country sometimes.

Australia has a couple of businesses leading the way in this field with some great results coming from the testing. A lot of preasure to accept that these type of products can be very useful when properly implemented and controlled.

Apparently Cripps was leaking to the press that players wanted Bolton gone in 2019, now that there's talk in the press that 'senior players are questioning coaching decisions' - it seems pretty obvious who that might be.

His form is very similar to when Dylan Clarke touched him up in Bolton’s last match so Bowakawa might be on to something there.
I always thought Sydney would suit him better where he could do what Josh Kennedy does in the middle on a small ground.

In lieu of Lord Nicholson,

199898006_1228506587587458_2361580139646797128_n.jpg

199176773_1228596964245087_528293865060850597_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Tasmania issue discussed a few pages back,

1) The reasoning that went into having a team in GC and GWS has not changed. It's an extremely long term project. GC's on-field success is disappointing, but hey, we can't judge. When you're building a team through the draft, you can unfortunately go through successive disappoint draft periods.
2) I thought Cochrane's comments were fine. They were consistent with his previous statements on the matter, and it's a perfectly logical view. I also don't think the 18 presidents would be rushing to add 2 teams to the comp. However, him expressing these views is not going to win him any popularity contests. If he's decided to be the bad cop, so be it.
3) I would have thought a stadium in Hobart with a roof would be much appreciated in the eyes of the AFL and also CA and of course the fans, but that should be a long term goal of a possible Tasmanian team.

The idea that someone who relied solely on otherworldly natural endurance to the point where he could still chainsmoke and outrun everyone is not actually that good at coaching or thinking about the game would seem pretty obvious to me, but what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back