Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But for a late goal by Sheed to win them the GF in '18, the fortunes of Buckley and Simpson would be reversed. Talk about sliding doors.
Angling for Barrett’s job? You might want to be less on-point methinks…

Channel 7 reporting that Melbourne were stuck on the plane/airport in Brisbane for 4 hours and then flew back. Nothing about Perth 🤷‍♀️
I suspect somewhere along the line someone got the fact they were originally flying from QLD to Perth for next weeks game confused into the story. Or just guessed, this is AFL "journalism" we're talking about.

Norf supporters all year, "Bloody Essendon supporters getting ahead of themselves".

Also Norf supporters after losing to Geelong by only 20 points, "The future's so bright I gotta wear shades".

Last edited:
Can’t stand Kelli Underwood commentating, always sounds like she’s trying a bit too hard to fit in and sound like one of the guys.
Daisy Pearce is the same

It's strange cricket has some wonderful female commentators

Daisy Pearce is the same

It's strange cricket has some wonderful female commentators
I find BT, Hamish, Ling, Richo, Darcy, Basil far far more annoying

Can’t stand Kelli Underwood commentating, always sounds like she’s trying a bit too hard to fit in and sound like one of the guys.
I was on the fence about her but she's actually grown on me a fair this year. Made a few calls about horse racing, punting and a few obscure references I've vibed with. I think she fits in well.

Daisy Pearce on the other hand.....sheeEeeEsh. I like BT, Carey but pretty much dislike the rest of the CH7 team....unless Jimmy Bartel is on there? Can't remember, but I like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“[insert player name after kicking a goal] if you don’t mind!!”

every. single. game.

Queenslanders obviously too busy providing Australia with all our gold medalists to be concerned with AFL.

There is a list of commentators as long as my arm that i find more annoying than Daisy Pearce.
I mean is there such a thing as a good commentator nowadays

I was on the fence about her but she's actually grown on me a fair this year. Made a few calls about horse racing, punting and a few obscure references I've vibed with. I think she fits in well.

Daisy Pearce on the other hand.....sheeEeeEsh. I like BT, Carey but pretty much dislike the rest of the CH7 team....unless Jimmy Bartel is on there? Can't remember, but I like him.
Agree with the first half.

Solidly disagree with the second. BT is a buffon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back