Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

GCS may re-sign Dew before the start of the season. Jesus Christ they’re fooling.

It's the dumbest move organisation make when they don't really know what they're doing and trying to deflect.

Dew is a long way from being impressive. There is very little to suggests that he gets a consistent buy in to a game which is good enough to bridge the talent gap which exists while they are young.

It's the dumbest move organisation make when they don't really know what they're doing and trying to deflect.

Dew is a long way from being impressive. There is very little to suggests that he gets a consistent buy in to a game which is good enough to bridge the talent gap which exists while they are young.
It's probably impressive that he's willing to stay there. Seems to be a hard to staff role generally.

You could not be any happier if you were a Fremantle supporter.

It's era defining, for them to be able to bring 3 high quality locals and a raw Ryder-like prospect in together.

Interesting that West Coast went almost entirely local too.

I think this evolution of drafting, at least in WA, has been accelerated by Covid not caused by Covid. The Victorian kids are not reliable enough to plan around long term. The loss of Cerra essentially knocks Freo's build off kilter. While it will likely set their aspirations back it's a step back to take 3 forward but it's essentially now a new plan.

I'm also liking the romance at Geelong. The industry has given the Cats a potential Flacons-led midfield of Conway, Stephens and Knevitt. That's dangerous and the group has a certain 'ring' to it.

I tend to look at lists more optimistically, things are rarely as bad as they seem, and the presence, or lack thereof, of picks inside 15 tends to distort perceptions. If you look at Conway, Stephens, Knevitt and Holmes (an impressively powerful player) for what they can do I see very little reason for the pessimism about the Cats' long term future. If you're taking that spread of ability in the top 10 you'd be happy enough. The premiership bubble may well have burst but they're not going to fall into a Hawthorn-like trough.

Last edited:
Start here [ link ] and it is pure entertainment. Im still going 7 pages in.
The trade down was absolute horror that morphed into joy as they realised one of Johnson or Hobbs would still be available. Then euphoria when Johnson was available. Then active threats to melt, and begging, and screaming to the void in the 5 min waiting for Johnsons name to be called out.

I reckon WC played it well with the trade. Got a second rounder for free. But now if Freo take Johnson with pick 19 (21) the West Coast board is going to go to the next level.

Freo have nailed this so far -> 2 from 2 highly rated boys from the west (both of which were WC supporters apparently). And next up maybe a third unless some club makes them a silly trade offer. Lots of value and no go-home factor.

Pick 19 is gold as long as the draft is split over two nights. Probably worth more than the few picks earlier than it (when you consider the points value of what it can be traded for) and is super flexible. I hope we somehow land it next year.

" Just fold the whole thing. " 😅

I don't think it's really a new phenomenon.
27 blokes from their 2021 list from WA. Maybe their looking to make the whole list WA based, that'll be nice, give you a SoO team to support. You'd look good in a blue and yellow eagles scarf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orazio Fantasia is no longer the coolest name on Port's list now that they've drafted Dante Visentini.

Orazio Fantasia is no longer the coolest name on Port's list now that they've drafted Dante Visentini.

Dante's name is one I've liked seeing for a few years.

When I first saw it in 2015, I hoped he'd be a future draftee.

Not such a happy club at Hawthorn according to Cyril.

qnet0z5do2481.jpg

D4Yfb90.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back