Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
435345.png

Wow, boncer.

Very sly of you to put this in, considering this was said after my initial reply to you at the time.

A post in which I replied to, which you ignored.

2435.png

My reply was relevant then as it is now.

You bringing up this entire exchange is you trying to "prove" yourself right, when in reality you went in half-assed since the beginning. Like I said in March after Round 1, as evidenced above - most people would have had them in that area. There is no embarrassment to come from that unless you envisioned them being higher. And there was no need for you to suddenly bring up this interaction between us by going early and asking me if I rated them (rate means GOOD) if our conversation about useless mid-table tomfoolery was settled back then unless you wanted get some sort of a non-existent jump on me early.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
So boncer, what was the point in engaging with this post,

3454.png

... if our conversation at the time was clarified with you backing down by talking about mid-tables in further replies to me? And me claiming at the time, as evidenced in the quote shown, that most people had them there anyway?

By replying with, "Still don't rate Carlton?" after all of that, is you implying they were a definite good side (which is what rate means) and therefore trying to make it seem as if you're bobbing up with a point to prove.

Get your hand off it mate.

Last edited:
So boncer, what was the point in engaging with this post,

View attachment 1404924
I was being a smart ass, I thought you could handle some friendly banter.

You proceeded to melt and do the following:

Claim I said they'd be undefeated - I didn't
Claim I didn't say they'd be mid table - I did
Claim I never replied to your post - I did

I have literally proven you lying 3 times already, and thats without touching all the rubbish about me thinking they're the benchmark. All because I made a tongue in cheek post. Weird. I'll leave you be, have a lovely evening. :)

Regardless of the result Carlton have that very familiar ‘no plan b’ feel about them.
They go long, direct and fast. When forced to slow down they struggle, we saw the exact same thing when we had Saad.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Carlton have a good run home and will probably finish top 3-4. But will there game style stand up in September, I’m not sure. If they don’t win contested ball they’ll be up s**t creek with no system to fall back on. Geeze they could potentially bully our midfield into submission in a couple weeks time.

Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
Carlton have a good run home and will probably finish top 3-4. But will there game style stand up in September, I’m not sure. If they don’t win contested ball they’ll be up s**t creek with no system to fall back on. Geeze they could potentially bully our midfield into submission in a couple weeks time.

We'll get a good sense of where they're at after they play Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong, St Kilda and Fremantle the 2nd time (which I assume will go similarly to the 1st time). Then we'll know how well they'd go in finals when their fixture gets them there.

They go long, direct and fast. When forced to slow down they struggle, we saw the exact same thing when we had Saad.

Yep, to be clear I meant familiar in that it’s our achillies heel as well.

Hardly a new thing because it has been like this for a while but **** me have they accumulated some talent.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Yep, to be clear I meant familiar in that it’s our achillies heel as well.

Hardly a new thing because it has been like this for a while but **** me have they accumulated some talent.
Have they though?

I look at a guy like Jack Silvagni who wasn't a star and now he looks a million bucks. Simply better systems enabling a players strengths.

I count 9 guys who are just role players in a good system, was very Richmond like circa 2017 at one stage.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Regardless of the result Carlton have that very familiar ‘no plan b’ feel about them.

No doubt, though they have managed to put the breaks on a bit more in the last month.

This year was never going to be about Plan B.

Get the blue collar foundation right and then worry about plans. It's been a remarkable success to this point. The only team that could match us as being the softest front runners in the league is bashing up all and sundry.

They're not threatening the flag this year but then we don't know how Plan A holds up against the best until they play them.

It's a long year. I expect they will fade a bit. They're not yet getting much from their system. It's extremely labour intensive.

Have they though?

I look at a guy like Jack Silvagni who wasn't a star and now he looks a million bucks. Simply better systems enabling a players strengths.

I count 9 guys who are just role players in a good system, was very Richmond like circa 2017 at one stage.

Jack has always been a good player, he’s just copped a bad wrap because of the surname.

Some of those role players are still very high picks and gifted players, guys like Fisher and O’Brien and Stocker and Kennedy are high draft picks playing support roles.

Jack has always been a good player, he’s just copped a bad wrap because of the surname.

Some of those role players are still very high picks and gifted players, guys like Fisher and O’Brien and Stocker and Kennedy are high draft picks playing support roles.
Disagree. Was hot trash for a long while there. Solid last couple of years into a good player this year but he was s**t for a long time.

I reckon Blues get top 4, they’ll be 10-2 after two more rounds. Outside Dees and Lions there’s not many teams that are that much better than them. Curnow’s return, McKay’s better, Hewett and Cerra very good additions

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Remember when heaps of people on this board didn’t think George Hewett would fit into our midfield. He was/is exactly what we need.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
JSOS always had the ability. It took him a bit of time to bring it all together. Largely because he's third tall height but not a great athlete. Injury hasn't helped either.

I still remember seeing him at Princess Park during that pre-season match in 2016.

He probably only had a handful of touches but he stood out for his ability to handle the ball so cleany under pressure/in tight.

He's the inside version of Langford. Whereas Langford's more suited to a wing, largely due to his running ability, and his struggle with the heat inside, Silvagni has always done his best work in the phone box.

Both have real class with the ball in hand.

I thought he might get squeezed on team balance because he seemed to clash with players all over the ground but he's really developed a strong all round game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back