Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think my question has been answered.

North allowed to blow itself up so whatever is left can be shipped down to Tassie.

Just trade JHF. Get the king's ransom. Have some self awareness.

Are there any knowledgeable Geelong locals on here? I’m moving to Geelong soon most likely Belmont, was looking for a local club near me or are they all relatively close being a smaller city ? I’d like to play for a s**t club as I’m quite bad a football so div 3 I guess😂

Are there any knowledgeable Geelong locals on here? I’m moving to Geelong soon most likely Belmont, was looking for a local club near me or are they all relatively close being a smaller city ? I’d like to play for a s**t club as I’m quite bad a football so div 3 I guess😂
GDFL is supposedly the lower league, Belmont lions are in that league.

BFL are on the same par imo but GFL is the top league.

I live in Belmont but know nothing about the local footy scene

GDFL is supposedly the lower league, Belmont lions are in that league.

BFL are on the same par imo but GFL is the top league.
BFL was good fun back in the day, travelling along the coast each weekend to have a kick of the footy.

From Drysdale to Port and around to Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads, even as far as Anglesea. Except for Queenscliff, you spent half the game running up hill.

My old club (St Leonards) is long gone, but * did we have some fun. If I was to do it all over again, I would go for BFL over any Geelong league every day.

Meanwhile, Charlie Constable, at whom we could have looked, is averaging 30 disposals in the VFL and had 35 last week.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Charlie Constable, whom we could have looked at, is averaging 30 disposals in the VFL and had 35 last week.
And can't get a game at GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile, Charlie Constable, at whom we could have looked, is averaging 30 disposals in the VFL and had 35 last week.

It's become the norm for these guys.

It's a question of who is allowed to freewheel. Sides tend to play too many guys who do their own thing already so the unsexy inside bull isn't getting a look a lot of the time.

The player to keep an eye on is Hollands. Dew has clear form in this area and they have other guys like Davies.

It's become the norm for these guys.

It's a question of who is allowed to freewheel. Sides tend to play too many guys who do their own thing already so the unsexy inside bull isn't getting a look a lot of the time.

The player to keep an eye on is Hollands. Dew has clear form in this area and they have other guys like Davies.
If we manage to get a second first round pick we should consider drafting his brother. Purely for the pull.

Melbourne this year remind me of Essendon in 2000 early in the season.
Wins are just so cruisy for them. They might break our record here.
The season is almost boring it's that easy.
I agree with you but...they have had a pretty easy draw. Not sure exactly but a couple of weeks ago they hadn’t played a top 8 side (bit misleading because they had played dogs and port who we would expect to be top 4) whilst North had played a truckload of top 8 sides.
For their sake I hope they don’t do a cats 2008

Melbourne this year remind me of Essendon in 2000 early in the season.
Wins are just so cruisy for them. They might break our record here.
The season is almost boring it's that easy.

They'll drop one before the finals, they've got Lions & Dockers twice coming up, Cats, Blues, Swans, Dogs, even a team like the Pies might be the one - all these sides will be gunning for them.

Not sure where it leaves a club when the three main cogs in the recruiting system leave mid season.
Lot of talk about the coach being too intense for the players liking as well.

I wonder if this why you can't cut the core out of a team? Who teaches the kids to work hard and not be entitled little shits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back