Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Mitchell will get the last laugh because he's gone on to become a premiership player.

But I'm reminded of the time Sydney lowballed his contract so extremely that it was basically a delisting. I also remember when he was dropped while playing for Collingwood this season.

He's part of the dying breed of ineffective midfield possession accumulators, the ball magnets.

Hawthorn shopped him aggressively at the end of 2021 and no one wanted him or wanted to pay the price for the browlow medallist and superstar.

It's bordering on delusional if it took a review in round 1 before he realised that he needed to get out of Hawthorn. Hawthorn was very clear about wanting to get back into the draft and that it wanted to use him to do that.

This is a story because we all know Hawthorn wanted him gone. We all knew Hawthorn wanted him gone because it was public about it.

There was no secret bullying campaign.

In that context I don't think it's a big deal. I personally wouldn't single out one player to that extent in front of the group but it's not the end of the world and it is just as likely, probably more likely than not, that Mitchell was kick chasing to prove his worth because he like many players don't understand or can't reprogram themselves to appreciate that kick chasing is counter productive.

Last edited:

Tom Mitchell will get the last laugh because he's gone on to become a premiership player.

But I'm reminded of the time Sydney lowballed his contract so extremely that it was basically a delisting. I also remember when he was dropped while playing for Collingwood this season.

He's part of the dying breed of ineffective midfield possession accumulators, the ball magnets.

Hawthorn shopped him aggressively at the end of 2021 and no one wanted him or wanted to pay the price for the browlow medallist and superstar.

It's bordering on delusional if it took a review in round 1 before he realised that he needed to get out of Hawthorn. Hawthorn was very clear about wanting to get back into the draft and that it wanted to use him to do that.

This is a story because we all know Hawthorn wanted him gone. We all knew Hawthorn wanted him gone because it was public about it.

There was no secret bullying campaign.

In that context I don't think it's a big deal. I personally wouldn't single out one player to that extent in front of the group but it's not the end of the world and it is just as likely, probably more likely than not, that Mitchell was kick chasing to prove his worth because he like many players don't understand or can't reprogram themselves to appreciate that kick chasing is counter productive.
I found it interesting that when discussing the incident he didn’t mention the validity of the feedback (apart from noting he got Brownlow votes …like that means anything), only the way he received it.

There is no doubt he had been called on his ways many times and was refusing to listen. Coaches were fed up and the message wasn’t just to Mitchell.. it was to everyone. “Ignore our feedback repeatedly and we will publicly shame you”

Did Mitchell mention slipping out the front of the stoppage? Sounds about right.

I will say at least Parish showed some willingness to change this year.

All I wanted to do is watch the Tim Tszyu fight.
Already have Kayo. They want $60 more.
Extortionists.
Kayo app is bloody terrible too. And binge while I’m at it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back