Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 is a slow burn, that's for sure.

I wonder where to for Darcy Fogarty from here. His 1 wood, finding the ball forward, marking strongly and kicking accurate with a 55m range is enough to be a player. At least 2 goals from less than 10 possessions.

I cant help but feel that he should be more. He could shed a lot of weight and significantly improve his running.

28 goals in his last 11 games suggests he's doing something right. He's been rubbish up til half way through this year but seems to have found something.

What a beautiful day, Carlton lost in a heartbreaking manner, Adelaide also held up their end of the bargain!

Let’s get this L today folks!

Big game from our kids and losing respectfully by 1 point in a cracking game though, Obviously.

Nice Day Summer GIF by PBS KIDS

Melksham's had some big games against those w***ers.
the problem is both teams were stuffing up, as opposed to the Pies perfect sequence. like, Max Gawn was openly saying he's in the wrong spot, got the ball anyway and kicked it to a three on one which should have sealed the game for Carlton but instead was marked by the one. Then the next time Carlton rebounded, Curnow (or McKay) was able to take the mark basically uncontested on the lead and then hit the other key forward uncontested on the lead too. then carlton had another two 3 on 1 marking contests which somehow fall perfectly the Demons way. They can't really break it down and slam Carlton when Melbourne were so clearly lucky to escape.

Apart from whoever missed that kick to Saad there’s no real single moment to pinpoint but it’s the nature of the media cycle. Instead of proper in depth analysis we basically just have blame culture.

Last edited:

He's got something a bit special, that's for sure.

I see him more like Petracca through the middle. Like you said, for a big guy the lateral movement is really good. He's doesn’t have speed but he's got the size and power to clear congestion.

He's the reason I think they should be pragmatic with JHF. If Wardlaw is that good it's at least 2 out and out gun mids, to go with the fleet of other first round picks, but they could get in another 1 or 2 players of real significance and not lose a key piece mid rebuild.

2017 is a slow burn, that's for sure.

I wonder where to for Darcy Fogarty from here. His 1 wood, finding the ball forward, marking strongly and kicking accurate with a 55m range is enough to be a player. At least 2 goals from less than 10 possessions.

I cant help but feel that he should be more. He could shed a lot of weight and significantly improve his running.
Fogarty? Have you missed his last 10 weeks. He’s finally broke through, a little more fitness and he’ll be a regular 50 goal a year forward. He’s kicked 30 from 16 games this year, but more importantly kicked big time goals, they haven’t been cheapies.

What a beautiful day, Carlton lost in a heartbreaking manner, Adelaide also held up their end of the bargain!

Let’s get this L today folks!

Big game from our kids and losing respectfully by 1 point in a cracking game though, Obviously.

Nice Day Summer GIF by PBS KIDS

Sorry we don't do cracking games. How does an ugly slog riddled with skill errors grab you?

Fogarty? Have you missed his last 10 weeks. He’s finally broke through, a little more fitness and he’ll be a regular 50 goal a year forward. He’s kicked 30 from 16 games this year, but more importantly kicked big time goals, they haven’t been cheapies.
I haven't been watching super closely but it looks like he's torn apart a few final quarters to get the crows over the line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Discussion on fox as to whether Cordy will get 2 weeks for his bump. If he gets rubbed out the game is dead to me. Shoulder to shoulder fair bump but the other bloke hits his head on the ground and suffers concussion. That's ridiculous.

I dont think we're in any disagreement.

Discussion on fox as to whether Cordy will get 2 weeks for his bump. If he gets rubbed out the game is dead to me. Shoulder to shoulder fair bump but the other bloke hits his head on the ground and suffers concussion. That's ridiculous.

Just say he was contesting the ball.

Never say the words bump.

Carlton and Cripps showed how to game the system.

Also give Cameron and McCarthy 1 or 2 CBA's. Change it up a bit, what's in there now isn't working, get those guys in the game and then send them forward again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back