Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worse than the MCG in July :thumbsu:
I do know a bit about Alice. Worked there for 12 months :)
Noice! I have driven between Melbourne and Darwin 6 times. Only one return trip in Winter though. I loved putting my hand in the soil to feel how cold it was just under the surface.

Instead of fireworks, they should just turn the lights off and let everyone gaze at the stars for 10 min.

Noice! I have driven between Melbourne and Darwin 6 times. Only one return trip in Winter though. I loved putting my hand in the soil to feel how cold it was just under the surface.

Instead of fireworks, they should just turn the lights off and let everyone gaze at the stars for 10 min.
I have done that drive a few times myself. It is a bloody long one! Are you form Darwin Dansin?

I think 18 is the right number. Tassie in and another Victorian club not offered a license.
The right number is 12 or 14 . Everyone gets to play each other twice. Not that it would happen.

I think we're eventually gonna get to a point where everyone plays each other once. You play them home one year, away the next.

I think we're eventually gonna get to a point where everyone plays each other once. You play them home one year, away the next.
yep. think this is the only system that works.
and works nicely with a 20 team comp.

19 H&A rounds.
1v8, 2v7, etc H&A finals knock out series until you get to 2 teams (4 games)
GF (1 game)

net result is a game lost overall, but at some point I see some form of SoA/MVP type weekend coming into the season.

yep. think this is the only system that works.
and works nicely with a 20 team comp.

19 H&A rounds.
1v8, 2v7, etc H&A finals knock out series until you get to 2 teams (4 games)
GF (1 game)

net result is a game lost overall, but at some point I see some form of SoA/MVP type weekend coming into the season.
Nah keep the finals in the same system.

NM: I'm here to renew me license please

AFL: Sorry, you are way too old and you keep crashing the car and young passengers we have supplied you. DENIED.

NM: Ok, I guess nobody will notice me when I am gone :(
NM Licence -> Tas
StK Licence -> NT

maintains 18.
sorts out the 10 team oversaturation in Vic.

sunday 440 time slot will get used to it

I have done that drive a few times myself. It is a bloody long one! Are you form Darwin Dansin?

My kids' mum was from there. I lived there for 3 years. I still remember the NT news on 11/09/2001. Lloyd was up at the tribunal for that headbutt charge. The paper had an advertisement for some sort of disaster film on the front, but I was in a hurry to find out what happened to Lloyd. Suspended for a week. I was so pissed off. Then the neighbour came over and asked us if we had watched the telly. It wasn't an ad on the front. It was the first time in history that the NT news didn't go with a local story on the front page!!

I was still pissed off about Lloyd's suspension though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My kids' mum was from there. I lived there for 3 years. I still remember the NT news on 11/09/2001. Lloyd was up at the tribunal for that headbutt charge. The paper had an advertisement for some sort of disaster film on the front, but I was in a hurry to find out what happened to Lloyd. Suspended for a week. I was so pissed off. Then the neighbour came over and asked us if we had watched the telly. It wasn't an ad on the front. It was the first time in history that the NT news didn't go with a local story on the front page!!

I was still pissed off about Lloyd's suspension though.
The NT news does a good job of capturing the essence of the NT I reckon:

Max King has hurt his shoulder at training today and requires reconstruction …will miss start of the season. Big blow

Confused Little Girl GIF

because Hawthorn.

Lordy I love the fact that their coach himself buys into the supporter Hawthorn exceptionalism mindset. Just wow. A list widely expected to finish last is more or less a premiership list already. Amazing
To be fair, I used to share a similar mindset about Essendon. Then the last 20 odd years happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back