Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll allow others to pump up the tyres of the Kangaroos - Will probably make finals and get rolled in the first week.

I suspect that Roughhead will find 2014 a tough year - he needs to learn to play on the number one defender - Had an armchair ride with Franklin in the side.

That's where Gunston comes in presumably.

Gunston will struggle to get a kick if he gets the number one defender.

What helps Hawthorn is Hale - You are fairly much forced to play your number 2 defender on him.

People are saying Buddy's departure won't be as great as others think. He's a good player regardless and essentially they have to replace a top 10 player in the AFL with a player outside of their best 22. It will be a loss, no matter how you spin it

Taking a Moneyball view on it, they need to replace Buddy's 2.9 goals a game.

I don't care what team you are, that's going to be tough.

What will become clear is they won't bottom out like St Kilda or Dogs did because they'll chase FA / trade with the freed up cap.

People are saying Buddy's departure won't be as great as others think. He's a good player regardless and essentially they have to replace a top 10 player in the AFL with a player outside of their best 22. It will be a loss, no matter how you spin it

Didn't Franklin also generally take the number 1 defender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they've lost a decent player in Buddy plus I reckon a fair bit of the hunger will have gone. They must have been incredibly driven last season after what happened in 2012.

Plus Hodge, Mitchell, Lake, Burgoyne, Sewell, Gibson, Hale all another year older

Plus Hodge, Mitchell, Lake, Burgoyne, Sewell, Gibson, Hale all another year older
All of them are older? :confused: Which players are younger then?

Saying players are a year older is an odd saying. Of course they are. I see your point though.

/grammarnazi

All of them are older? :confused: Which players are younger then?

Saying players are a year older is an odd saying. Of course they are. I see your point though.

/grammarnazi

Not if you listen to Richmond and north fans bang on about a great young list. They seem to think they get younger each year. Also, Melbourne players seem to undevelop as time goes on too. I think they somehow lose games experience.

Buddy nearly always took the number one defender and teams set up defensively to nullify Franklin. Life will change when Roughy has the number one defender.

Negative

Franklin played almost exclusively on a forward flank in the second half of the year.

Hale and Roughead were the focal points inside 50 with Gunston (CHF) and Franklin (hff) the leading targets.

Didn't think of it initially but the interchange cap could be coming at a really bad time for some of those guys.

It would only effect Sewell I would have thought. The rest of those guys can play elsewhere for there 'rest' which is exactly what the stupid cap is trying to achieve.

Is St Kilda's new slogan "More Than a Football Club"?

If so, that's just leaving themselves open for a few more taunts than they already get.

Negative

Franklin played almost exclusively on a forward flank in the second half of the year.

Hale and Roughead were the focal points inside 50 with Gunston (CHF) and Franklin (hff) the leading targets.

But Buddy still took the number one defender - That didn't change - A tough year ahead for Roughy.

Even in the GF he had McPharlin.

Carlton:

Mentally weak, horribly constructed list (it seriously should cost people their jobs such is the deplorable state of it), no significant tall talent, two weak as piss number one picks, a heavy reliance on an old brigade, and a fan base that still doesn't realise that a total rebuild will be required (to my immense amusement).

Discuss.

Carlton:

Mentally weak, horribly constructed list (it seriously should cost people their jobs such is the deplorable state of it), no significant tall talent, two weak as piss number one picks, a heavy reliance on an old brigade, and a fan base that still doesn't realise that a total rebuild will be required (to my immense amusement).

Discuss.

They've got the wrong guy as captain too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back