Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Very good player but a bit overrated, his numbers are very similar to Stantons who is regarded as a spud by most supporters. Would be interesting to see how they would be rated if Bartel played for us the whole time and Stanton played for the Cats.

not even close, Bartel wins 1 on 1s, never does really dumb things like Stanton has done over the years, never goes to ground and allows his opponent a easy possession, I have never seen Bartel run down from behind for holding the ball.
those clutch goals, big moments in games Stanton has never done.

In my eyes there is a pretty big gap.

This isn't being harsh on Stanton just showing the class of Bartel, much like how I rate Mercuri.
Mercuri was Essendons version of Bartel in my eyes.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
not even close, Bartel wins 1 on 1s, never does really dumb things like Stanton has done over the years, never goes to ground and allows his opponent a easy possession, I have never seen Bartel run down from behind for holding the ball.
those clutch goals, big moments in games Stanton has never done.

In my eyes there is a pretty big gap.

This isn't being harsh on Stanton just showing the class of Bartel, much like how I rate Mercuri.
Mercuri was Essendons version of Bartel in my eyes.
I still prefer Bartel but I wouldn't say its a huge gap. Stanton was also tagged which Bartel didn't get as often. Ive seen Bartel make skill errors aswell its not like he is miles ahead of Stanton in use of the footy.

Bartel comes up in big games because Geelong played in more big games. Stanton has had his fair share of games he has a had a huge part in winning don't forget.

Resistor

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2012
Fly on the wall
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
they don't fear; Dallas Mavericks
he just did it again when following a tackle, he screamed something to the affect of "HE'S POPPED IT AGAIN" in relation to Impey's shoulder. Literally seconds later it was something like "he's ok"

Hahah lost it when he did that. Funniest thing is when they show the past achievements of each player, Brown 500 goals + premierships, Lynch goals and premierships, Barry Hall goals + premiership, Dwayne Russell 50 games. hahahaha lels

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Boomer Harvey. What a total dickhead. Sweet way to write a book twelve people will read and then launch into a tirade on a bloke about stuff that wasn't even true. Backs away from said comments and apologises. Who the * is in charge of media down there at Arden St? What a pack of numpties. Coach spews horseshit based on hearsay. Two players on the list caught sending dick picks to people. What a deadset rabble.

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Boomer Harvey. What a total dickhead. Sweet way to write a book twelve people will read and then launch into a tirade on a bloke about stuff that wasn't even true. Backs away from said comments and apologises. Who the **** is in charge of media down there at Arden St? What a pack of numpties. Coach spews horseshit based on hearsay. Two players on the list caught sending dick picks to people. What a deadset rabble.
Exactly, why put it in print if your not going to stand by what you say the minute someone challenges you. That is amateur hour from both Harvey and the ghostwriter/editor. They must have thought those 12 people would not tell Carey what was in the book. Harvey's entire demeanour just screams "me, me, me'.

Autobahn

Cancelled
May 24, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Jeremy Cameron

this is tiring to watch - but he makes some salient points amongst the bluster and squints

"Accuracy is not a god given talent, it's something that you take 2 - 300 shots every training night, every day of the week to improve every area of your goal kicking"

Sounds like the perfect candidate for our goal kicking coach.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
"Accuracy is not a god given talent, it's something that you take 2 - 300 shots every training night, every day of the week to improve every area of your goal kicking"

i also enjoyed "you have these frauds, kicking boomerang kicks from the goal square because they cant kick on their wrong side"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Autobahn

Cancelled
May 24, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Jeremy Cameron
i also enjoyed "you have these frauds, kicking boomerang kicks from the goal square because they cant kick on their wrong side"
Haha, punks and false alarmer's.

Not bad viewing so far but christ he's one cranky dude.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
He was so calm and calculated when he said -

Jacko "i had a young guy who was playing in my position suffer a terrible training injury"
Mike "you hit him"
Jacko " yeh i did, i was always taught to train as you play, he was in my spot, i wanted it"

thats perverse killer type stuff from foxtels what makes a criminal mind doco

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie

Only for Joe Daniher.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
The thing that gets lost in the whole Jacko story is how unbelievably talented he was however the fact clubs couldn't handle him, and the fact he couldn't handle being dropped for disciplinary reasons speaks volumes about the man. He wasn't a team man.

I did like the fact he called out journalists for what they write and the impact it has on players and their families/friends. He might not have used the right words but it's refreshing to hear someone say it in the media to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back