Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be convinced it's s**t when years go by without an Isaac Heeney.
Heeney and Mills are literally the only two that will be any good for a while. They're extremely lucky that they got those two. I'm discluding one that's in it because he's a F/S and only in the academy because his dad is a coach there (can't remember who that is for the life of me)

Poor Melbourne. They'd be a genuine finals sniff, instead of just the mathematical one, if it wasn't for us.

It might have been the kick in the arse they needed.

I thought that they were a smokey for the 8 if everything went right.

They still have to win their last two so they're not even there yet.

Look out top 4 in 2017. There are a lot of good young lists, the difference with Melbourne is the brute force they have around the ball (think that they can belt even GWS) and quality spine. They will improve rapidly from here.

Look out top 4 in 2017. There are a lot of good young lists, the difference with Melbourne is the brute force they have around the ball (think that they can belt even GWS) and quality spine. They will improve rapidly from here.
They have the makings of a scary midfield group. Vince, Jones, Tyson, Oliver, Brayshaw, Petracca and Viney. Absolute tough nuts who can also use the ball really well. I think they are probably the only side that will be able to take it up to GWS once the Giants get going.

Reckon Melbourne need one defender with good kicking skills and a quick, classy outside midfielder.

Agree that the disposal of their key defenders is one of the few weaknesses of their list.

Oscar McDonald was supposed to be a less athletic but more skill version of his brother. I would certainly not describe him as skillful at this stage, but plenty of good kicks start out tentatively.

Salem is class and only being held back because of that thyriod problem (he has been playing VFL for the last few weeks). I really rate Wagner too.

Reckon that they just need to be patient with Salem, Wagner and Hunt who will give them their half back options. I'm not convinced that Hibberd is a particularly smart move for them given that they are already carrying Melsksham on good money for 3 more years (and he strikes me as being well outside their best 22).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond being Richmond.

how was that a qablock for vickery. he ran into him

There was the one against Guthrie as well.

Should be getting the warning from the AFL.

That's the fear if you are Geelong's opponent. They set up well enough to stop Adelaide and GWS moving the ball, so they don't need to do anything but clogg the game up for the first 2.5 quarters. There is nothing any side in the comp can do when they fire like they did in the last quarter.

I reckon that it just all just clicked. I wonder if it is a few weeks too late or whether it has been timed to perfection.

With Smith, Danger, Sellwoods, Duncan and Caddy now all on the team together they have the clearance strength that they've lacked since 2011. The one other thing they have in their advantage is that they have never wilted in the face of a Hawthorn onslaught.

there's some salty salty tears over at the richmond board
excellent, better head on over there and read them.

I have a few richmond mates that have made some really annoying comments over the last few years so I've had two great wins today.

I really am a very petty, slightly vindictive person, but I also have my flaws :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back