Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have different ways of saying things. The method of delivery shouldn't matter, it should be about the content. I deliver my wording like I do, I've do so for years and will be extremely likely to do so for a lot longer. People need to get used to that.
That's all fine, but you also need to get used to people reacting to that wording because the way you word these things doesn't leave much room for discussion and in the end, we're talking about a subjective thing on a discussion forum.

Phillips is subjectively s**t, or horrible, or an utter spud. Not objectively.

People have different ways of saying things. The method of delivery shouldn't matter, it should be about the content. I deliver my wording like I do, I've do so for years and will be extremely likely to do so for a lot longer. People need to get used to that.

As a friend, i will tell you that when trying to convince someone, HOW you say it is much more important. Probably should be the other way around but it's not. Try it :)

People have different ways of saying things. The method of delivery shouldn't matter, it should be about the content. I deliver my wording like I do, I've do so for years and will be extremely likely to do so for a lot longer.
It is about the content. You exaggerate and state things as absolutes.

People need to get used to that.
Well I'm guessing you'll need to get used to less and less people being interested in talking to you then if that's your attitude.

Silvagni now has 9 ex-Giants on the Carlton list - I find that mind boggling. Of the 6 already there I'd say Plowman is promising but unproven, Phillips is honest and the rest shaping up as list cloggers.

To get all purple warrior about it....

If your SOS, you better hope that at least two of Marchbank, Pickett and Palmer become good to very good contributors....
.........or at some point you will be called to account for the opportunity cost of pursuing this strategy.
In fairness I dont think SOS has paid a high price for any of those players. If Plowman, Marchbank and Pickett (and maybe Sumner and Phillips) become best 26 players I'd call that a win

Phillips Bellchambers
30 Games 79
4.0 Kicks Per Game 5.4
3.0 Handballs Per Game 4.6
7.0 Disposals Per Game 10.0
2.2 Marks Per Game 3.8
0.4 Goals Per Game 0.7
0.1 Behinds Per Game 0.4
Tackles Per Game 1.4
14.4 Hitouts Per Game 20.5
Inside 50s Per Game
0.1 Goal Assists Per Game
0.8 Frees For Per Game 1.1
1.2 Frees Against Per Game 1.3

Phillips has pretty much played all of his career as a #2 ruckman while TBC has played some games as #1
Not a great deal of difference

Like Beerfish said, I like you Ethan, you're a nice guy.

And you're completely entitled to speak the way you want to. Just keep in mind that most (not all) people won't respond well to someone else talking in extremes and being so headstrong in the process. If you're OK with that then that's good, but just keep it in mind.

In fairness I dont think SOS has paid a high price for any of those players. If Plowman, Marchbank and Pickett (and maybe Sumner and Phillips) become best 26 players I'd call that a win
It's 9 list spots - the price is the opputnity cost; I.e. Who those list spots could have alternatively gone to.

Broadly agree - I'd say he needs 3-4 to be best 22 though.

It's 9 list spots - the price is the opputnity cost; I.e. Who those list spots could have alternatively gone to.

Broadly agree - I'd say he needs 3-4 to be best 22 though.
and 3 of those 9 have just been brought in.
Plowman - best 22
Phillips - #2 ruck at Carlton atm so holds his spot based on need (until they get a better option)
Sumner - Dont know how to read him. Keeps his spot on the list coz they dont have much depth, could still develop into a good player (former top 10 pick)
Jaksch - Shown nothing, delist after next season if he doesnt improve
Lamb - Prob carve out a career in the 15-25 bracket of players at Carlton. worth having on the list

Dont know the 9th Giant was

Also Carlton doesnt have much depth. Its worth giving potentially high former draft picks that couldnt get a game in a team full of 1st draft picks a crack over some pick 60 odd in this years draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you're completely entitled to speak the way you want to. Just keep in mind that most (not all) people won't respond well to someone else talking in extremes and being so headstrong in the process. If you're OK with that then that's good, but just keep it in mind.

Once a mod, always a mod

oh my goodness just PM this stuff people. goodness sakes.

In other news that Richmond thread about us is ******* glorious and getting better. Do yourselves a favour.
Wowee what a cracker of a thread. Quality melts.

Palmer is a surprise. Even Freo were happy to be rid of him iirc.
Palmer did re-invent himself into a decent enough forward flanker in the later half of his GWS career. could be a good pick up. it's pretty different compared the rest of the GWS guys they've picked up (the kids, basically), but he's one who could actually play 22 games season.

oh my goodness just PM this stuff people. goodness sakes.

In other news that Richmond thread about us is ******* glorious and getting better. Do yourselves a favour.
Par-melts.
I want Jobe to be allowed to keep his medal.
For the magma-levels of heat that will radiate from all boards

Calling blokes a spud is annoying anyway IMO. Not all players are good or even up to AFL level but to even be considered at the level they are well above the average player let alone a spud.

Calling blokes a spud is annoying anyway IMO. Not all players are good or even up to AFL level but to even be considered at the level they are well above the average player let alone a spud.

speaking in an authority tone in any discussion about a player's quality is pretty annoying to me. it's rampant in D&T threads

Hey, it's Kong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back