Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was worthwhile listening selectively to SEN breakfast radio podcasts this year because a lot of the Essendon interviews come up there before they get syndicated to the club's audioboom feed and you'd get some Tim Watson-perspective on Essendon stuff as well, while the other two weren't completely grating to listen to.

Apparently it'll be Garry Lyon, Hamish McLachlan and Tim Watson next year, though. Whyyy?

Was worthwhile listening selectively to SEN breakfast radio podcasts this year because a lot of the Essendon interviews come up there before they get syndicated to the club's audioboom feed and you'd get some Tim Watson-perspective on Essendon stuff as well, while the other two weren't completely grating to listen to.

Apparently it'll be Garry Lyon, Hamish McLachlan and Tim Watson next year, though. Whyyy?

You're kidding? That's abysmal.

I really on listen to SEN for its footy coverage these days but I do feel for those whose best option for breakfast coverage is SEN. It's not that much of a stretch that tuning into the sports talk is preferred given the state of breakfast radio.

bloody hell they get rid of friggen maher, and a year later bring in mclachlan.

well atleast there was 1 year that was decent.... JJJ it is from now on.

Hawthorn has been making positive noises about Jaeger O’Meara getting into early pre-season work, but the star recruit’s progress isn’t as good as the Hawks would like us to believe.

Their medical team has been taken aback by the condition of O’Meara’s knee, which was worse than they had anticipated.

The former number one draft pick has been at the club working on an anti-gravity treadmill, unable to get out on the turf with his new teammates.

PR has taken the line that O’Meara will be on the track by Christmas, but in reality it’s looking highly unlikely and they are hoping the lull in media around the holiday break will buy them more time.

There’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before the first bounce of 2017, but it seems the list management guys at Gold Coast are breathing a lot easier than their Hawthorn counterparts at the moment

Hawthorn has been making positive noises about Jaeger O’Meara getting into early pre-season work, but the star recruit’s progress isn’t as good as the Hawks would like us to believe.

Their medical team has been taken aback by the condition of O’Meara’s knee, which was worse than they had anticipated.

The former number one draft pick has been at the club working on an anti-gravity treadmill, unable to get out on the turf with his new teammates.

PR has taken the line that O’Meara will be on the track by Christmas, but in reality it’s looking highly unlikely and they are hoping the lull in media around the holiday break will buy them more time.

There’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before the first bounce of 2017, but it seems the list management guys at Gold Coast are breathing a lot easier than their Hawthorn counterparts at the moment

As much as you want to laugh at the Hawks, the only reason we did not "sell our soul" for O'Meara was because he wanted to go to Hawthorn.

As much as you want to laugh at the Hawks, the only reason we did not "sell our soul" for O'Meara was because he wanted to go to Hawthorn.

True although the news is exactly why i was never keen on him unless he came via the PSD and on a lot less money which was never going to be the case.

The whole Xavier Richards episode, although being brought on by himself, shows just how stupid and pedantic AFL recruiting can be at times. Clubs are prepared to take unbelievable risks on some young players who have only proven themselves at under age level but have serious question marks on their of field behavior because they may strike gold yet not 1 club would look at Richards in the rookie draft.
I know he painted himself into a corner but it was hardly a massive attitude problem and anyone who cared to look at our training when he was with us would have seen his efforts where very good. Obviously with us already having picked Stewart and taken Brown and Hartley the year before and taking Mckernan the need for a ruck was more important for us so he was not a fit this year but he would have been ok for someone. No he is not a star but he is better than 50% of the rookies taken this year.
Just plain bloody stupid if you ask me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole Xavier Richards episode, although being brought on by himself, shows just how stupid and pedantic AFL recruiting can be at times. Clubs are prepared to take unbelievable risks on some young players who have only proven themselves at under age level but have serious question marks on their of field behavior because they may strike gold yet not 1 club would look at Richards in the rookie draft.
I know he painted himself into a corner but it was hardly a massive attitude problem and anyone who cared to look at our training when he was with us would have seen his efforts where very good. Obviously with us already having picked Stewart and taken Brown and Hartley the year before and taking Mckernan the need for a ruck was more important for us so he was not a fit this year but he would have been ok for someone. No he is not a star but he is better than 50% of the rookies taken this year.
Just plain bloody stupid if you ask me.

Agree with this. Many clubs could use key position players. I can't believe that no one offered Richard a spot.

Where did you get this from?

I have a hawks mate that i must tell!

That seems a bit negligent to give up so much for a player and not know everything there is to know about his knees.

So does the mini draft now count as a #1 draft pick?

So now Craig Hutchison will be taking Brayshaws place on the footy show next year

I don't really watch it unless I know an Essendon person will be on, or occasionally a random segment that's actually funny. It used to be vaguely tolerable but the plot has been lost in recent years. If what you say is true then that's just more evidence of that. :/

I don't really watch it unless I know an Essendon person will be on, or occasionally a random segment that's actually funny. It used to be vaguely tolerable but the plot has been lost in recent years. If what you say is true then that's just more evidence of that. :/
I though they should have gone hard for Jonathan Brown to be apart of the panel or even Lloydy. Struggled to watch this year and only thing that will keep me watching is the Stakes segement which is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back