Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too much positive talk about JOM from hawks. It's like they are trying too hard to sell how fit he is.

He has been off the field for 2 years and the latest article is talking about how positive it is that he might be back by easter.

Something smells off, and it's not the usual hawk stench.
What's just as bad is anyone who doesn't share their off the charts optimism is clearly hoping he never plays again (for shame). There can be no middle ground!

Shame he cant be ready for round 1 and have a good run at a full season, but then again with a injury as severe as his what's another interrupted season if it means he can actually have a career. Good Luck to him.

What's just as bad is anyone who doesn't share their off the charts optimism is clearly hoping he never plays again (for shame). There can be no middle ground!
Yeah I wish him well, but after 2 years off, and clearing all the tests, missing the first few rounds is not a good sign at all.

Even if he does play this year, coaches would be so loathe to give him an extended run to let him find form.

Way too much positive talk about JOM from hawks. It's like they are trying too hard to sell how fit he is.

He has been off the field for 2 years and the latest article is talking about how positive it is that he might be back by easter.

They'll be selling it for a long time yet.

He did cost them Mitchell and Lewis (plus draft picks) afterall

St Kilda have launched a range of goatse inspired merchandise
NtN7yws.jpg
oh noooooooooooooo

Last edited:

I think they're just trying to maintain positivity given they sacked their two club champions and gave away all their draft picks for two players. they're still trying to sell memberships remember (as is every club).

As long as they stop calling their club the 'family club' from now on.

Last edited:
I think there's a line and I think that's way beyond it. Don't go there please.

It's a horrible situation but also a private one and there's no honour in using that to troll Hawthorn. Don't care what's said about us on other boards, it's not to be used as a thing to troll here and not on the main board either.

I think there's a line and I think that's way beyond it. Don't go there please.

It's a horrible situation but also a private one and there's no honour in using that to troll Hawthorn. Don't care what's said about us on other boards, it's not to be used as a thing to troll here and not on the main board either.

Standards people! Standards.:thumbsu:

One person doesn't define a club and if this one person has done horrible deeds in the past, has never been caught, and has never had the information revealed to anyone anywhere, how were Hawthorn to know?

I hate Hawthorn as much as anybody, well maybe not as much as Doss, but Hawthorn are 100% not implicated in any of this. They just happened to be the club this person followed. Yes he was in the inner sanctum, but this allegation appears to have been a dark secret nobody was aware of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel that this shouldn't even really be discussed on a footy forum. Completely irrelevant to football.
I agree, but neither should Wayne Carey's off-field indiscretions or anyone's off-field indiscretions (cousins, Yarran, etc). I don't want it to be alright to have a go at some criminals, but not the worst ones.

I agree, but neither should Wayne Carey's off-field indiscretions or anyone's off-field indiscretions (cousins, Yarran, etc). I don't want it to be alright to have a go at some criminals, but not the worst ones.
I think players' indiscretions are very different compared to a previously unknown employee of a club.

Will need a preseason & a stint in the AFL before he is rolled out in the big time.
He cost them too much to pick him before he has had a solid enough base of match fitness.

They'll be selling it for a long time yet.

He did cost them Mitchell and Lewis (plus draft picks) afterall
those draft picks will haunt them. Mitchell and Lewis i understand. They did those players a favour getting them better contracts than they could afford to give them
The pursuit of JOM was foolish though. Once GCS dug in, the hawks were better off saving their picks for another target (Fyfe perhaps) and leaving GCS down a pick and a player by seeing him walk.

Their midfield is now Mitchell (sans the gun midfield he had supporting him), JOM, Shiels, Smith, Langford.
And maybe Rioli now has to go on the ball.

Could have been Mitchell, Shiels, Smith, Langford plus any of Florent, Simpkin, SPP, Atley, Ridley, English and they'd still have their 2017 1st rounder.

15978723_10210063282471440_1866339626_n.jpg

15995703_10210063282191433_622705269_n.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt, obviously, but still...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back