Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The whole 'we're announcing that we're taking over China while a bloke in panda costume wears the opposition colours' might just be the worst promotional move the AFL has ever seen.

What I love about all this is that Port did this to themselves. Absolutely no one forced them.

Could've given up a home game so that GC wear the away guernsey, but greed got the better of them. Now, the red and yellow team with the panda as their mascot will be the home team.

The only thing left is for GC to win and the whole stadium to get behind GC. Now that would be hilarious and a spectacular backfire

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "SUNRISE" headline in the HS when GC get up. :fire:
Except then you look at Gold Coast's defence and coach and realize that they'll be bent over.

What I love about all this is that Port did this to themselves. Absolutely no one forced them.

Could've given up a home game so that GC wear the away guernsey, but greed got the better of them. Now, the red and yellow team with the panda as their mascot will be the home team.

The only thing left is for GC to win and the whole stadium to get behind GC. Now that would be hilarious and a spectacular backfire

The tarps will be coming out of the sheds soon.

Yes!
931bfd90f559c6fc45bf3bf0a7e459ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A different code, yes, but how's Ranieri getting sacked only 9 months after leading Leicester City to one of the greatest underdog wins in professional sports history?

Yes, they were struggling in the league, but made the last 16 of the Champions League and even came away with a respectable 2-1 loss in the first leg against 3-time defending Europa League champions Sevilla, as the away goal they grabbed late is crucial.

I hope they go down now. Despicable act from the club.

Has anything this ridiculous ever happened in the AFL era? Norm Smith immediately springs to mind from earlier years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A different code, yes, but how's Ranieri getting sacked only 9 months after leading Leicester City to one of the greatest underdog wins in professional sports history?

Yes, they were struggling in the league, but made the last 16 of the Champions League and even came away with a respectable 2-1 loss in the first leg against 3-time defending Europa League champions Sevilla, as the away goal they grabbed late is crucial.

I hope they go down now. Despicable act from the club.

Has anything this ridiculous ever happened in the AFL era? Norm Smith immediately springs to mind from earlier years.
Wayne Brittain being sacked isn't the worst nomination for that.

Maybe not the same level, but unbelievably harsh given where their list was at the time.

Richmond win.

Another contract extension for Dimma?
Thought Richmond looked much better game plan wise. Their structure was a mess last year. Rioli looks a star. Castagna looks good as well. Their forward line is still a quality tall too short (don't think Griffiths is good enough). Their midfield also looked too short at times when Adelaide opened the game up through quick transition play.

Adelaide's midfield is a worry for them. Richmond smashed them in the midfield. Only really had Sloane and Crouch missing from that group (think Thompson is passed it).

I just can't see how they'll compete with Bulldogs, GWS and Sydney.

Can't keep relying on the quick transition and leg speed against those teams.

On an unrelated note, we should call the Goddard directed movie "Seventeen".

Premiership #17 in season 2017 with 17 of the suspended players returning 17 months later, beating 17 teams to it.
Our last premiership was also 17 years ago.

Poetic.

Plot twist: The whole saga was dragged out deliberately for this grand stand moment.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL THE CLUB ABOUT THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back