Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On an unrelated note, we should call the Goddard directed movie "Seventeen".

Premiership #17 in season 2017 with 17 of the suspended players returning 17 months later, beating 17 teams to it.
Our last premiership was also 17 years ago.

Poetic.

Plot twist: The whole saga was dragged out deliberately for this grand stand moment.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL THE CLUB ABOUT THIS.
I have a feeling the number 17 holds some significance at St Kilda also

On an unrelated note, we should call the Goddard directed movie "Seventeen".

Premiership #17 in season 2017 with 17 of the suspended players returning 17 months later, beating 17 teams to it.
Our last premiership was also 17 years ago.

Poetic.

Plot twist: The whole saga was dragged out deliberately for this grand stand moment.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL THE CLUB ABOUT THIS.

#17 to kick 17 goals in the grand final against Collingwood where he could have been a father son?

#17 to kick 17 goals in the grand final against Collingwood where he could have been a father son?
Number 17 to be our norm smith medalist against Melbourne where Jake Melksham, our previous number 17, who also happens to be a part of the 17, plays in a 17 year grand final rematch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4? Big call.

I can easily see them making the eight, but not sure if they're at the upper echelon of it.
I think they can

They have an easier draw than all of the other top 4 aspirants. Someone from outside of the 8 generally does jump into the top 4 and Melbourne look the goods.

Their midfield would be 4th best in the competition behind only GWS, Sydney and Bulldogs IMO.

It all hinges on how efficient their forwardline is because it has been a bit dysfunctional

Carlton look good for the spoon

I am not happy with the footy gods' treatment of Mason Wood.

He could be a star of the competition but he's also at risk of being cut down.
Look, I'm not happy about Masons misfortune either. But I ******* hate the expression 'footy gods'.

I am not happy with the footy gods' treatment of Mason Wood.

He could be a star of the competition but he's also at risk of being cut down.

The VFL game last year was one of the best performances I've seen at any level.

Because he lives/acts like one at home iirc.
Ah. I was hoping for a more glamorous reason, but that was always unlikely. Someone told me he has another dog now, so that's nice. I think I'm going to like him. He sort of worked his way into it yesterday. Deadly kick if he has time to get on his preferred.

Ah. I was hoping for a more glamorous reason, but that was always unlikely. Someone told me he has another dog now, so that's nice. I think I'm going to like him. He sort of worked his way into it yesterday. Deadly kick if he has time to get on his preferred.
Yeah I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong but I seem to recall one of his housemates being asked about it in an interview back in the day and that was the reason offered.

I knew there was a reason I recorded that game. Haven't watched it yet though. How did Melkshake go?

Yeah I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong but I seem to recall one of his housemates being asked about it in an interview back in the day and that was the reason offered.

I knew there was a reason I recorded that game. Haven't watched it yet though. How did Melkshake go?
Watching on tv you groan at some turnovers - but people who went took a much better impression away about his running and work rate plus he had 30 or so disposals. I expect the people who were there took away the more reliable impression. TV can be deceptive and TV for pre-season at Casey even more so. Watch with the sound off if you want to remain at peace with the world.

Melksham's hair is doing its best to take the focus away from Wattsy, so I guess he is a team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back