Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#shamelessplug

If you want to see where the picks will fall based on the current ladder, I've posted a spreadsheet that updates at the end of each round (Monday or Tuesday, it's automated) in the drafts board.

Linky: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-order-picks-based-on-current-ladder.1160828/

I should note that my above post is based on the ladder from the end of round 2.. so if GWS is 5th then Hawthorn's first pick is 32 for the end of round 3.

Geelong's set up behind the ball for the first two rounds was about the best in the AFL - Yet Melbourne sliced through their grid with ease - Will closely watch Geelong in the next few weeks.

Interesting to hear Cam Mooney on SEN this afternoon say that in a conversation with Pav, Pav told Mooney that he thought that that 18 man defence is bullshit.

It's the best current example that the players do disagree with what they are told to do but that they will always maintain the company line.

18 man defence is bullshit. The tactical value has been miscalculated and lost because it is really more about trying to mould the attitudes of players. The ground simply isn't that big that the zone cannot be moved to cut off angles to do things like play one tagger and leave a forward deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Hawthorn trade away their 2016 first and second rounders as well as their 2017 ones??
Yes. But they traded in a second rounder and thus maintained a presence in all but the first round of the draft. Which the AFL said was okay (retrospectively). I'm sure other clubs would have liked that to have been clear before hand though, because everyone understood the rule as being you may trade EITHER your first round pick OR your picks from any other round if you keep your first rounder until that trade was approved and then 'clarified' as being 'legal'.

The cost of T.Mitchell and O'Meara was very dear at the time and even dearer as it stands atm. St Kilda have got their first rounder though so they'll be pretty happy if Hawthorn maintain their current ladder position.

Yes. But they traded in a second rounder and thus maintained a presence in all but the first round of the draft. Which the AFL said was okay (retrospectively). I'm sure other clubs would have liked that to have been clear before hand though, because everyone understood the rule as being you may trade EITHER your first round pick OR your picks from any other round if you keep your first rounder until that trade was approved and then 'clarified' as being 'legal'.

The cost of T.Mitchell and O'Meara was very dear at the time and even dearer as it stands atm. St Kilda have got their first rounder though so they'll be pretty happy if Hawthorn maintain their current ladder position.

Ta. I just had a look at the saints 'hawthorn round 1 pick watch' thread and it is very funny.

They might have to trade some of their stars if they want picks in the first 2 rounds

Considering what little value Lewis & Mitchell netted them, not sure there is a hell of a lot on that Hawthorn list that will net them something that will see them better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back