Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't see Richmond's ordinary but well-drilled foot soldiers standing up to high pressure footy when the other team has much more class across the field.

No way the Tigers play that well again.

I can't see Richmond's ordinary but well-drilled foot soldiers standing up to high pressure footy when the other team has much more class across the field.

I reckon the tigs have played well all year. And it's no fluke. They massacred Geelong because they were playing tough finals footy. They can certainly beat GWS, who have been pretty inconsistent.

I reckon the tigs have played well all year. And it's no fluke. They massacred Geelong because they were playing tough finals footy. They can certainly beat GWS, who have been pretty inconsistent.
Depends if you get the globetrotter GWS or not

Their MCG form is bad.
but last nights game will hold them in good stead.

Lobb into the ruck and playing SJ as a deep forward helped a lot.
Taranto in as well. Have to wonder if they tanked to avoid the Geel/Syd/Ade side of the draw.

Depends if you get the globetrotter GWS or not

Their MCG form is bad.
but last nights game will hold them in good stead.

Lobb into the ruck and playing SJ as a deep forward helped a lot.
Taranto in as well. Have to wonder if they tanked to avoid the Geel/Syd/Ade side of the draw.

If they did tnk it means they don't think they're the best side in the comp and don't deserve to be in the GF. I don't think teams do that however.

But you said it yourself, its whether we get the globetrotter or not. They're inconsistent.

Can we stop the Essendon talk in this thread please?
Sometimes I have something Essendon related that doesn't fit into an existing thread and doesn't need a new thread so I put it here.

Premiership shot given to them on a platter while other teams near the bottom have to do it the hard way.

They have to get there yet. They will not win the 4 or 5 flags most predicted they would.
Personally I do not mind the expansion teams. But in saying that I can see the argument the other way.
The crow numbers where no surprise. It took the Swans 25 years to build up to 20k to 25k at home games on a regular basis. It will take another 20 to 25 years for the GWS to do it as well. Working against GWS last night was the fact it was a WA team and the two Western Sydney NRL teams played in finals on Friday night and last night with Penrith playing in Brisbane and the Eels last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can not believe that David King said they would be in the same position as the Gold Coast in a couple of years when their older players like Mumford and co retire. King your really are a total spud.

Yeah just like gold coast. Do you post anything that isn't completely s**t?
His passion can never be denied and what he never seems to do is have a go at anyone else for sharing their opinions. Which do you think is worse, sharing an opinion on a footy forum or bagging someone because of their opinion?

His passion can never be denied and what he never seems to do is have a go at anyone else for sharing their opinions. Which do you think is worse, sharing an opinion on a footy forum or bagging someone because of their opinion?
Would be a boring place without our most passionate supporters :)

As with anything though, opinions belong in appropriate threads. If we're discussing our love of B4L there's one somewhere about favourite posters. There's also the not-a-thread (questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread thread) that Doug was alluding to for general Essendon chatter that doesn't fit elsewhere.

This one is for talking about Non-Essendon stuff without the stress of equating everything to how good or bad our own team apparently is.

What are the chances its GEEL.V RICH.
Definitely think Geelong best is good enough, and Richmond aren't being Richmond as yet.

Love seeing the "Stevie J's still got it headlines'. Absolute fools gold, that performance.

He's going to be a liability against Richmond if he's just going to cheat to get goals out the back because the GWS forward structure will have a huge hole in it. With the ball in hand he won't have a quarter of the time to make a decision/dispose.

It's analysis of the story and not the game at it's best. If you look at how Johnson plays that was not GWS 'playing small'. They still had Patton, Himmleberg and Johnson as key forwards (there is no point pretending that Johnson's mobility is an improvement on Lobb).

Being 'too tall' is not based on the combined height of a forward line being more than the arbitrarily selected number. It's about the work rate associated with the taller players (otherwise it's just stupidity - though that's also a possibility). Is Steve Johnson a better pressure player than James Stewart (who I mention because Stewart is notionally the player that makes our forward line 'too tall')? Maybe a better example is Johnson vs Himmleberg.

They stifled GWS earlier in the year on the mcg.
They can do it again.

They stifled GWS earlier in the year on the mcg.
They can do it again.
I went to that game. It was similar weather to when we played Carlton in the wet. GWS went in a bit tall and it was very windy.
I think GWS mids will bat too deep. Coniglio has been awesome and will completely dominate Cotchin.

Love seeing the "Stevie J's still got it headlines'. Absolute fools gold, that performance.

He's going to be a liability against Richmond if he's just going to cheat to get goals out the back because the GWS forward structure will have a huge hole in it. With the ball in hand he won't have a quarter of the time to make a decision/dispose.

It's analysis of the story and not the game at it's best. If you look at how Johnson plays that was not GWS 'playing small'. They still had Patton, Himmleberg and Johnson as key forwards (there is no point pretending that Johnson's mobility is an improvement on Lobb).

Being 'too tall' is not based on the combined height of a forward line being more than the arbitrarily selected number. It's about the work rate associated with the taller players (otherwise it's just stupidity - though that's also a possibility). Is Steve Johnson a better pressure player than James Stewart (who I mention because Stewart is notionally the player that makes our forward line 'too tall')? Maybe a better example is Johnson vs Himmleberg.

Yeah id much rather read articles about a retiring champion being past it and not worthy of a game after a 6 goal performance.

Call me insane, but 6 goals in a final would suggest that yes, Stevie J does still have it!
No wonder you hate Josh Green so much.
:)

Can not believe that David King said they would be in the same position as the Gold Coast in a couple of years when their older players like Mumford and co retire. King your really are a total spud.
They looked better and more balanced without Mumford in the lineup last night.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back