Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Dangerfield's first goal the obvious move was Smith onto Danger, seeing he is used to playing on mid sized and quick small forwards, whereas Rampe is more comfortable playing on taller opponents.

Smith is a good player. I reckon that if they thought Smith was any chance they'd have made the switch.

I doubt they'd play Smith on Fevola or Stringer. Danger is 95 to 100 kegs. He's a key position forward he's just a bit shorter.

My main dilemma over the next 2 weeks is

"How are Richmond going to stuff this up".

I think they're favourites, but even if they're not, I'm sure we're all thinking that if Richmond bow out, it's likely to be in a very Richmond-like manner.

Maybe it will be a dubious free against them and they tear down the MCG. Maybe it will be a 100 point drubbing that nobody was expecting (unlikely with Rance, Astbury, Dusty and Cotch.

Maybe Dusty and Cotch will be going 100 miles an hour at the ball in the first minute and collide with each other, both fail concussion tests (but are fine the day after).

Maybe they just go on to romp it in by 10 goals over the next two matches. I think it's going to be a hell of a ride to watch whichever way it goes. Booked a ticket to this week's match. Jordan Lewis said last night on 360 that Prelims are the loudest matches of the year. This one could be one of the loudest since the Pies of the ~2010 era

Just on the Tigers Crows jumper clash issue, this highlights package from 2011 clearly shows there is no clash with both sides wearing their home strips, the only minor issue I could see was the Crows numbers on the back of their jumpers were yellow, so on first glance that could cause confusion for players & fans alike although it didn't for me, so simply change that colour to say red & problem solved.

Watching Gillon on 360 last night, he clearly thinks there is a clash, so I would love for the AFL to come out & explain how there is with examples, if it comes to it.

Just on the Tigers Crows jumper clash issue, this highlights package from 2011 clearly shows there is no clash with both sides wearing their home strips, the only minor issue I could see was the Crows numbers on the back of their jumpers were yellow, so on first glance that could cause confusion for players & fans alike although it didn't for me, so simply change that colour to say red & problem solved.

Watching Gillon on 360 last night, he clearly thinks there is a clash, so I would love for the AFL to come out & explain how there is with examples, if it comes to it.

I don't think the AFL even really means clashes anymore, just what is an easier product to view for their brand. I agree that if the Tigers wore their away jumper it's an easier viewing experience, but I don't really care.

Completely forgot Bickley coached the Crows.

There is no doubt that the AFL will make Richmond wear their clash guernsey if they play Adelaide in the GF. The AFL want the game to be seen around the country and around the world, being viewed by non AFL watchers. Non AFL watchers will need to be able to clearly differentiate between the clubs.

There is no doubt that the AFL will make Richmond wear their clash guernsey if they play Adelaide in the GF. The AFL want the game to be seen around the country and around the world, being viewed by non AFL watchers. Non AFL watchers will need to be able to clearly differentiate between the clubs.
Gil didn't rule out it being decided by a coin toss last night.

Are you saying you can't clearly tell from that vision? Not having a go, honestly surprised that some seem to have a problem. It should also be considered that this year's gf will be HD shown on big ass TVs so if anything any perceived clash would be even further reduced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying you can't clearly tell from that vision? Not having a go, honestly surprised that some seem to have a problem. It should also be considered that this year's gf will be HD shown on big ass TVs so if anything any perceived clash would be even further reduced.
I can tell but I watch a fair amount of footy. If the game was shown on ESPN in America or on the Brisbane nightly news, it would look a lot messier for those viewers.

toot toot my campaigners

Honestly, Richmond haven't made it. And their clash jumper shits on Adelaide's. So if those two make it, Richmond should wear the clash

I don't understand why any organisation including the AFL are making statements. Makes it bloody hard for those employees who don't agree.
That's the other side of it. I was reading an article about the ex-Woolies director going on 7.30 and encouraging people to vote no, and then people saying they would boycott Woolies for it (even though the guy doesn't work there anymore) and then Woolies had to go into damage control.

I don't believe lobby groups, vested interests, corporations, not for profits or any other collective group (or representative of one) should be making statements on policy issues, or donating money to political parties either. One man, one vote; one representative, one constituency. No other persuasion necessary or required. Of course that isn't how the real world works, but yeah. As far as I'm concerned it undermines democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back