Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFLX
There has been a lot of talk about the game. I watched it , went on Friday and thought it was Okay despite it being a bit gimmicky and sides not really being too serious about it. My opinions are as follows.

1. Forget franchises and all that rubbish. It will not work. Pie in the sky to try and counter 20/20. Funny thing was 20/20 was introduced to counter various football codes who had a product that could be played and done with in 4 hours.

2. It does have its place. Not at the top level but certainly Interstate in Schools or areas that do not have large numbers. It would also work on the world stage as you do not have to have 20-25 players to make a side and the ground issue is resolved.

3.Get rid of super goals. If you want to develop the game you do not need gimmicks.

4. Could work as a week end tournament similar to the Rugby League 9's in the pre season but that is as far as I could see it going at the highest level.

5. Personally 9 a side and 15 minute halves would work better for me. One player from each side inside 40 at all times would work.

6. During the telecast do not spend 4 minutes doing interviews during the bloody game FFS.

7. Thought it was a reasonable starting point but lets not think it will ever replace what we have or need to replace it. If we need to match 20/20 all that needs doing is not time on. 25 minute quarters. 10 interchanges per quarter. Game done and dusted in 3 hours. Not that we need to change.

Jy Simpkin is likely to miss between two and four weeks of football after injuring his ankle following an accidental collision with a motorcyclist, while on foot.

The 19-year-old had been drinking and stepped into the path of a motorcyclist while crossing the road in West Melbourne early on Sunday morning.

The club has been informed the motorcyclist was not seriously injured in the accident, but scans have revealed Simpkin suffered grade-two lateral ligament damage to his ankle.

GM of football Cameron Joyce said the club would not accept irresponsible behaviour from its players.

"We are disappointed with Jy. He had been drinking and unfortunately, he wasn't as alert to his surroundings and as careful as he should have been," Joyce said.

"Jy didn't see the motorcyclist and stepped out in front of him and the accidental collision occurred.

"He is very lucky no one was more seriously hurt."

Today, the club met to discuss the incident and in consultation with Simpkin, the following will take place:

* Simpkin will donate $2,000 to Road Trauma Support Services
* Simpkin has instigated a minimum six-month, self-imposed ban on alcohol (at least until season's end)
* Simpkin will undertake an educational course that deals with making better choices and dealing with alcohol

Police have indicated they will issue fines to Simpkin for being drunk in a public place and for crossing the road on a red light.

The club will make no further comments.

At this stage it's pretty much chook lotto, you pull out a club, a jumper number and a substance induced run in with the law and join the dots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freeman another bad hammy.

So Crouch, Merrett and Kelly are all Australians, some kids from that draft are out of the league already and Freeman is yet to even get close to an AFL debut.

Freeman another bad hammy.

So Crouch, Merrett and Kelly are all Australians, some kids from that draft are out of the league already and Freeman is yet to even get close to an AFL debut.
Plus the Bont

I just typed a few wonderful paragraphs about my weird and wonderful day today before realising it is too far removed from anything footy related, or anything that normal human beings would find anything less than really fing weird.

I just thought you should all know.

Whilst I'm at it I might as well mention I really don't like it that Richmond won the flag last year. It would not have bothered me so much if wasn't for my fake Richmond supporting anti Essendon pro ASADA, slightly geeky mates. (they are top notch apart from footy stuff but still!)

It has also devalued premierships a bit for me (that will change when we win one) given I am firmly of the view that there were at least three better teams, maybe even 4 (and the home ground stuff).

The Richmond supporting buddies will have the wood on me until we win a flag, which may or may not happen during my lifetime! Most likely it will going by the law of averages but no guarantees with a comp this size. It is compounded by the fact I messaged them to provide a blunt description of my opinion of their support and lack of loyalty as well as bandwagon jumping. Made me look really mature! Luckily I am now mature enough to not speak to them as much now and avoid attending social functions that they attend, as well as making silly faces to them whilst they aren't looking :)

Reading the above I can see very clearly that it is barely even a 1st world problem but I know there is something unjust about it!

Even the young Slovakian girl I met today didn't disagree that it is unfair, having said that she was quite handsomely paid for her time and her English wasn't great.

Susan alberti refused entry at last nights ladies home game for the second week in a row. Massive internal issues at the Doggies that’s splitting the club. Gordon not helping things at all.
Interesting. To me (and I have no idea!), it looks like Alberti feels entitled to something that she isn't and is carrying on, with a film-crew in tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back