Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm quite happy for the tigs fans to mouth off for the year. I wouldn't want to wait that long for it.

It was quite funny, before on the news Chompers was trying to emphasise how 'difficult' the Hawks start to the year was and when he got to Richmond in round 3 he just said 'the reigning premiers' and then moved on to round 4.

Even the news doesn't take them seriously

It was quite funny, before on the news Chompers was trying to emphasise how 'difficult' the Hawks start to the year was and when he got to Richmond in round 3 he just said 'the reigning premiers' and then moved on to round 4.

Even the news doesn't take them seriously
Yeah I find that a bit strange. Unlike Bulldogs, they actually finished in the top 4, only half a game from top spot. They're going to get better this year with more MCG games and a seasoned game plan. They just clicked after the Freo game last year and haven't looked back since. They'll be there again I reckon

De Goey about to be brought back in from the 'cold' according to afl.com

what cold??

its was the offseason!

rewind 20 years an every player was in the cold until the first game.

He has missed zero games or been punished zero.

pfft, what an exile

Carrying those wheelbarrow loads must have taught him some brutal life lessons.

whyyyyy???
giphy.gif

I have to go listen to all the other club ones now. Ours is virtually identical (posted in this thread about that)... but apparently some others might've changed a bit?

"The AFL was approached by a number of clubs to provide minor updates to their songs," Auld said in a statement to SEN.

"In doing so, we offered all the clubs the ability to have a new recording, to offer stronger digital sound quality. A number of the club songs are old recordings of diminishing quality. Minor lyric changes were only made following requests from respective football clubs."

As detailed by AFL.com.au in February, Richmond was among the clubs to provide an update to the lyrics of its song, after the club identified part of the song was incorrect and changed its "risking head and skin" line to "risking head and shin".

The new recordings will be played at AFL stadiums this season.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-16/afl-clarifies-decision-to-rerecord-club-songs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think our club song is s**t? Damn, I've made babies with it going in the background...
I mean I'll sing it when we win but it is one of the weaker songs, along with the WA clubs, Carlton, Gold Coast.

Has it made ours less s**t? If not I don't care.

I thought I was the only one.

We've got the worst song of any of VFL based clubs.

Carlton's song is horrible. Bottom 4 comfortably, only Freo's is worse.

Freo's is terrible but can't agree with Carlton being bad. The swagger is unbearable when you're at the ground and walking away from a loss.

I thought I was the only one.

We've got the worst song of any of VFL based clubs.
Except Carlton.
Freo's is terrible but can't agree with Carlton being bad. The swagger is unbearable when you're at the ground and walking away from a loss.
It's so boring. I hate the song. Easily the worst of any of the 12 originals.

I was watching an episode of All Creatures Great and Small a few weeks back (nerdy houshold - i get old DVD's from the library) and there is a drunk guy singing the origional song that Carlton use - he sings it over and over again in the episode till hes told to shut the * up. All Creatures is a great series, especially early, but be very very cafeful you dont stumble accross this episode.

So anyways, i had that *en song ringing in my head for days. At work, going for a jog, eating...the lot. Its torture, ours is in no way that bad - or most others for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back