Non-footy/cricket thread --- what if you could time-travel?

Remove this Banner Ad

fu** Colonel Light for settling the capital here and not where Port Lincoln is. A few sailors may have died due to the conditions back then but short-term pain for long-term gain.
Not just about the hazardous rocky outcrops or strong winds.
Light was influenced by the Port River, Adelaide's fertile Northern river plains around what is now Virginia, plus the River Torrens and other good freshwater supplies:
I'll bet Light would've loved to jump in our Time Machine and travel ahead to see the results of his choice :) .
I'm eyeing off NW Tasmania as a cooler place to live; 40C at 0915 here in December is nuts. Not keen on NZ, which is too far from the sources of my work/income.

Not just about the hazardous rocky outcrops or strong winds.
Light was influenced by the Port River, Adelaide's fertile Northern river plains around what is now Virginia, plus the River Torrens and other good freshwater supplies:
I'll bet Light would've loved to jump in our Time Machine and travel ahead to see the results of his choice :) .
I'm eyeing off NW Tasmania as a cooler place to live; 40C at 0915 here in December is nuts. Not keen on NZ, which is too far from the sources of my work/income.
Wynyard is a lovely spot

Is there a sawmill there, or is that Burnie?
I have strongest memories of Stanley, with its striking headland/bluff, first visited January 1981 (if the Time Machine in my head is correct). :)
We didn’t stay in Burnie so I don’t know
We went to a lot of small saw mills off the beaten track between Wynard and Stanley. Wynyard has the ocean and river it’s a nice place. Apparently a lot of retirees.

To quote Arnold J Rimmer -

"I'd go back to Dallas in 1963, stand behind the grassy knoll and shout "DUCK""

In all seriousness there's so many things I'd love to do, picking the winning lotto numbers in the $100mil jackpot would be nice. Ive made plenty of stupid mistakes in my life and to right some of the Big ones would be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back