(non-Footy) Things to make you smile tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Capt Haddock

Senior List
Sep 20, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sitting here in the depths of despair and a good mate sends me this. It doesn't just make me smile, it makes me laugh out loud - something I didn't think would happen tonight.

Help me (and you) smile tonight. Post away please.

Calculator.jpg

How's the surf Rob?

Was pretty small this morning hopefully might pick up over the next few days. Can't hear it atm so its still small.

The grand daughter did me proud today. She barracked hard and kept her chin up at the end. We didn't get to sing the song but she held my hand and told me it was the best game she'd ever been to. (She's only 12 yet so...she'll see a few more!)
The boys did us all proud today. They didn't get the chocolates in the end but they held tough for most of the second half and were only beaten by a great goal in the last minute.

Thanks for the day (and the great season) boys.

Was pretty small this morning hopefully might pick up over the next few days. Can't hear it atm so its still small.

The grand daughter did me proud today. She barracked hard and kept her chin up at the end. We didn't get to sing the song but she held my hand and told me it was the best game she'd ever been to. (She's only 12 yet so...she'll see a few more!)
The boys did us all proud today. They didn't get the chocolates in the end but they held tough for most of the second half and were only beaten by a great goal in the last minute.

Does make it worth while with kids like your grand daughter

Man I miss that sound. I miss being able to go for a surf too.

Your grand daughter sounds like a little legend. You're rightfully proud.

The disappointment for me is fading. The boys tried their guts out. It really has been a spectacular year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Stoods pops is ok.

Thinking back of last week :) GF loss hurts but to knock off a Richmond on a 22 game winning streak makes up for a lot.
Only since last week we dared to dream to win the big prize , the feeling of failure hasn't sunk in yet.
So much positives that have come out of this season.
We can only get better.
We don't have a succession plan to worry about with a team at its peak.
No disgruntled players that we can't miss.
All is well, this is just the start.

Sorry this is about footy, but both are so bad they are laughable:

1. Pathetic sister has vowed to stop barracking for the Pies, after decades. Says we are ‘losers’. Wish I could lose her.
2. 6 year old granddaughter watched the whole game on TV at home in Sydney, the first time she has sat through an entire match. Then announces she now barracks for the Eagles.

Seriously, you have to laugh.

Hoping Stoods pops is ok.
Thanks for your thoughts. Just saw him in ICU, he isnt doing so well (apparently better than last night though). It was probably one of the hardest things i have ever had to do to say goodbye to him. My mum said to just incase (praying thats not the case).

I took my 2 kids in who are 4 years old and the other is 8 months old, his spirits lifted when he saw them and it just broke me. Dont ever take your loved ones for granted guys. Cherish every moment with them because you just never know.

Sorry to put a downer on the thread, gee the past 24 hours have sucked!

Thanks for your thoughts. Just saw him in ICU, he isnt doing so well (apparently better than last night though). It was probably one of the hardest things i have ever had to do to say goodbye to him. My mum said to just incase (praying thats not the case).

I took my 2 kids in who are 4 years old and the other is 8 months old, his spirits lifted when he saw them and it just broke me. Dont ever take your loved ones for granted guys. Cherish every moment with them because you just never know.

Sorry to put a downer on the thread, gee the past 24 hours have sucked!
This post put,s everything into a proper perspective,take care my friend and all the very best to you and your family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back