Oppo Camp Non-Fremantle general AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't consider North a rival they have to provide a contest first. Kicking 4 goals in a whole game against us is just piss weak, Melbourne and GWS kicked more than that.

Hawks fans are pretty bad too, a lot of arrogant muppets in their ranks.

And they haven't had a chance to show it in my time on here yet, but I get the feeling Carlton fans could be pretty bad if they ever have any success.

On the plus side bigfooty has given me a new appreciation for Collingwood supporters. I reckon they've easily been the most humble premiers in my time on here. And the Bulldogs have a really good bunch too.

The Crowls/Harvey thing should add some spice this year, but I've looked forward to North games since our 2012 clash when that Teffy/HardtoBeat guy graced our board telling us we were getting carried away with beating nobodies and that North were the form side of the comp who were going to deliver us a reality check. Crushing them in that last qtr was so sweet.

Since then I've seen their supporters try to rewrite history and claim they were already burnt out by the time that game came around, despite the fact they smacked a strong Collingwood team the week before.

I find their supporter base one of the more insufferable groups on bigfooty, so I always enjoy beating them.

In the last quarter, I think it was after our 4th or 5th straight goal against Norf; Bruce said "They're a good side Fremantle. They're hard to beat". I laughed so hard. It was centimeter perfect after that Hard To Beat douchebag rubbished us on our board all week.

In the last quarter, I think it was after our 4th or 5th straight goal against Norf; Bruce said "They're a good side Fremantle. They're hard to beat". I laughed so hard. It was centimeter perfect after that Hard To Beat douchebag rubbished us on our board all week.
I specifically remember McAvaney saying that, and me lol'ing at the time. :)

North fans rate themselves as they have lots of close loses last year. It's a glass half empty / half full situation. They think it'll just be a matter of fixing the lapses and they'll waltz into top 4. Nothing wrong with their list.

I have to say I agreed with that part except that it will not be a quick fix. To me, it's the attitude of the team which, adding dal santo, does zilch for them. There is no change to their coaching nor leadership group so I expect them to crumble again when the heat is up.

Agree with the attitude of the north fans here. Totally mirror their coach who just sook and sook over their loses, blaming everyone else except themselves for the woes.

Haha, strangely I remember Bruce saying that but never really thought of the connection with the poster.. That guy is such a git.

Haha, strangely I remember Bruce saying that but never really thought of the connection with the poster.. That guy is such a git.

It was probably after watching the replay for either the second or third time that I made that connection with the poster.

It was almost as satisfying as the purple NTTAWWTs thread started by that Geelong supporter before the elimination final last year.

The Crowls/Harvey thing should add some spice this year, but I've looked forward to North games since our 2012 clash when that Teffy/HardtoBeat guy graced our board telling us we were getting carried away with beating nobodies and that North were the form side of the comp who were going to deliver us a reality check. Crushing them in that last qtr was so sweet.

Since then I've seen their supporters try to rewrite history and claim they were already burnt out by the time that game came around, despite the fact they smacked a strong Collingwood team the week before.

I find their supporter base one of the more insufferable groups on bigfooty, so I always enjoy beating them.
No more of a knob from the north supporters than smirkin dirk! The self appointed reporter of anyone who remotely gets off topic as well as being one of the most blinkered fools I've come across on the BF boards. Perhaps needs to keep his hand above the keyboard!
Still, the thing that sticks in my gut from the 2013 season was that filthy lying little pygmy Harvey and his squealing job on Crowls. Second to that was the disgraceful findings of the MRP in that case without any proof other than the squealers word. Will be most satisfying any time we knock that mob off as long as the dwarf is in their team. After that, I will return to treating them with the insignificance that I previously saw them.

that was a real statement game. the kangas were highly rated but we really put them to the sword

The coaching team identified that they set up the same as Geelong so we tried our Anti-Geelong plan on them. It showed the difference between the two sides.

When I first started looking at bigfooty I thought you guys would be jerk offs but I find your all pretty good posters overall an this board is a pretty good read. I didn't realize norf could be so bad the whole westcoast v Norf thing the last few years has been awesome to watch. I hope you guys pump them good next year and crowly keeps Boomer to 0 possessions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I first started looking at bigfooty I thought you guys would be jerk offs but I find your all pretty good posters overall an this board is a pretty good read. I didn't realize norf could be so bad the whole westcoast v Norf thing the last few years has been awesome to watch. I hope you guys pump them good next year and crowly keeps Boomer to 0 possessions

I've actually found myself cheering on West Coast and Norf when you play each other. Like others have said, a few years on BF has changed my opinion on a group of supporters.

No more of a knob from the north supporters than smirkin dirk! The self appointed reporter of anyone who remotely gets off topic as well as being one of the most blinkered fools I've come across on the BF boards. Perhaps needs to keep his hand above the keyboard!
Still, the thing that sticks in my gut from the 2013 season was that filthy lying little pygmy Harvey and his squealing job on Crowls. Second to that was the disgraceful findings of the MRP in that case without any proof other than the squealers word. Will be most satisfying any time we knock that mob off as long as the dwarf is in their team. After that, I will return to treating them with the insignificance that I previously saw them.
After that boomer incident my interest rose in watching future Norf games from meh to as long as Boomer is annoyed were good. Still regard it as a game where we front up get the chocies and go home.

In 2014 I expect to see 'Creepy' to be the first AFL player fined by the AFL for blatantly full-blown dacking boomer at a stoppage. The fans to chip in and pay his fine. :D
Boomer will not play against Freo in 2014. He will have a mystery ailment and not be able to make the trip to Perth. He'll be fine to play the following week against Gold Coast though.

It's not even remotely close, let alone being identical.

We knifed Harves because we'd already lined up one of the best coaches in the league to replace him. He was the unfortunate victim of our club's ambition.

Saints have axed Watters due to personality clashes with senior players and their football manager, without having any replacement lined up.

Apples and oranges my friend, apples and oranges.

You just said above in your original post "Pelchen sorted it all well before he gave Watters the final knife in the back." Just like freo sorted it before knifing harvey. Seems the same kind of fruit to me based on what you've said

You just said above in your original post "Pelchen sorted it all well before he gave Watters the final knife in the back." Just like freo sorted it before knifing harvey. Seems the same kind of fruit to me based on what you've said

It wasn't me who said that.

And that post said Pelchen had already lined up Williams, which obviously wasn't the case since he didn't even get the job.

It wasn't me who said that.

And that post said Pelchen had already lined up Williams, which obviously wasn't the case since he didn't even get the job.

You make a fair point.

Well my original point was against that original post- play on!

Word is Chocco wanted a 5 year deal but the saints said no and he wouldn't budge on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back