Oppo Camp Non-Fremantle general AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crowls/Harvey thing should add some spice this year, but I've looked forward to North games since our 2012 clash when that Teffy/HardtoBeat guy graced our board telling us we were getting carried away with beating nobodies and that North were the form side of the comp who were going to deliver us a reality check. Crushing them in that last qtr was so sweet

The best part was how completely wrong he was, he said their tall forwards would be too much for us, Petrie and Tarrant go goalless, he said Atley and McMahon would contain our small forwards, Ballantyne and Walters kicked 4 goals each, he said Goldstein would run Sandilands into the ground, Sandi had 15 disposals 49 hitouts Goldstein had 2 disposals 8 hitouts.

The best part was how completely wrong he was, he said their tall forwards would be too much for us, Petrie and Tarrant go goalless, he said Atley and McMahon would contain our small forwards, Ballantyne and Walters kicked 4 goals each, he said Goldstein would run Sandilands into the ground, Sandi had 15 disposals 49 hitouts Goldstein had 2 disposals 8 hitouts.

Was something like 6 goals from 14 kicks in the last quarter, will never take North seriously so long as they have such a soft underbelly. I look at their list for next year and I still see a shitload of flakes. North fans were actually gloating about "winning" the off-season for snaring Nill Dick and some other no-names.

Was something like 6 goals from 14 kicks in the last quarter, will never take North seriously so long as they have such a soft underbelly. I look at their list for next year and I still see a shitload of flakes. North fans were actually gloating about "winning" the off-season for snaring Nill Dick and some other no-names.

Robin Nahas LOL

I hope it's us and Sydney as the two powerhouses because our tall midfield dominates their small midfield.

Nahas and Dal Santo... North have really gone all out finding hard nuts to fix that flaky core of theirs.

Dal Santo is a good pick up. It's fitness not commitment to the contest that hurts North. More outside run will help them.

Interesting

Some speculation this morning that Brisbane has again met with Dom Sheed ahead of Thursday's draft and are considering him at pick 7.

I have no idea why.. but Sheed reminded me of a Kane Lucas in the championships.. solid in all facets, but no real standout attributes*

* Now i have said this, he will become a dual brownlow medallist and superstar of the game.

I have no idea why.. but Sheed reminded me of a Kane Lucas in the championships.. solid in all facets, but no real standout attributes*

* Now i have said this, he will become a dual brownlow medallist and superstar of the game.

I imagine Brissie are looking to replace Black. That will probably leave McCarthy for Carlton, Collingwood or even WC (have some interest apparently).

The closer Draft day comes, im thinking more and more that Carlton will take McCarthy.. and hopefully Acres is still there for us.

WC would only take McCarthy to spite us. They have no real need for a tall forward with Kennedy, Darling and NicNat.

Rumours from a couple of places that Carlton are looking at Dunstan or Cripps for Pick 13. Not sure if that's just in case McCarthy is gone but... Sheed/ Brissie, Dunstan/Carlton WC/ Freeman, Lennon, Acres. Collingwood /Scharenberg and? Thank God I am doing an exam during the draft because if McCarthy slipped past that lot it would be unbearable to watch if he got poached by Port (good chance),or Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumours from a couple of places that Carlton are looking at Dunstan or Cripps for Pick 13. Not sure if that's just in case McCarthy is gone but... Sheed/ Brissie, Dunstan/Carlton WC/ Freeman, Lennon, Acres. Collingwood /Scharenberg and? Thank God I am doing an exam during the draft because if McCarthy slipped past that lot it would be unbearable to watch if he got poached by Port (good chance),or Geelong.

Not after they traded away pick 14 :confused:

His interview on TV also didn't inspire a great deal of confidence. I know you don't have to be smart to be a good footy player (hi Jako) but I think it would help.

I acknowledge it was probably his first interview and it was probably daunting.

WCE need midfielders, they're not going to make the top 4 with a midfield of only Scott Selwood, the perennially hamstrung Luke Shuey, Masten, the aging Priddis & Mark Hutchings.

Shhhh let them be content in their overrated marshmallows and get yet another forward.. They will be getting smashed so much in clearances, having all the forwards in the world wont even help

I notice the Saints have Carl Peterson on their 'permission to train' list, if that guy nominates for the rookie draft we should give him some thought as a speculative pick with our last rookie spot. He is a talent to behold if he can get his head right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back