Oppo Camp Non-Fremantle general AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe how many people have been tipping Norf to fly up the ladder even as far as the top 4. They've only really just been treading water under Scott and his match day coaching has question marks over it. List is decent but hardly anything special, (Really, Nahas? Wouldn't get anywhere near game with any of the serious contenders) probably should get into the eight but then get flogged in the 1st week.
Agree completely, Vic media all abuzz about Norf and continuing the love for Brad sooky Scott. Dal Santo is a handy pickup but hardly the difference between 10th & the top 4.

We will have North's measure no matter how much they improve next year, but I reckon they have a good balance to their team across all lines now. And a soft draw. I'd love to see em fail, but suspect they will be right up there next year.

This soft draw stuff doesnt gel with me.How many sides with a so called soft draw go on to win the big one.It might help to get you into the lower eight but when push comes to shove you need to play the best to be the best

Exactly, I remember how many naysayers we had about our soft run home last season... then we beat Geelong in Geelong.

This soft draw stuff doesnt gel with me.How many sides with a so called soft draw go on to win the big one.It might help to get you into the lower eight but when push comes to shove you need to play the best to be the best

I don't think many people are saying a soft draw helps you win the flag, but it can certainly be the difference between finishing, say, 6th and 9th. It will help North climb the ladder in 2014, their draw this year was pretty brutal

I don't think many people are saying a soft draw helps you win the flag, but it can certainly be the difference between finishing, say, 6th and 9th. It will help North climb the ladder in 2014, their draw this year was pretty brutal

True but they had a so called soft draw in 012 scraped into the eight and got walloped by WCE
Didnt help them win a final.

Do not rate Norths list at all.

They are just average but the soft draw will make them look slightly better than average.
Will finish anywhere from 6th to 10th.

AFL needs to stop making fixedtures and try to make it a level playing field for all.
Drop it to 20 rounds per season.
Each team has 3 rival teams that they get to play twice each year.
If we play Sydney once per year, if one year its an away game, the next year its a home game.

Keeps the fixtures more evenly balance, while still giving the AFL a chance to schedule plenty of their rivalry/blockbuster games.

No more chook lotto and seeing uneven crap like playing team X only once every season and its always away.

Or keep it at 24 rounds, Allow 2 rivalry teams that they must play twice a season and then even out the rest of the fixture over a 2 or 3 season period.

Playing every single team twice and having 34 rounds is not an option.
Unless we want to see teams resting players a lot more, like baseball pitchers get rested.

Hah yeh, somehow a 96 point EF loss followed by a 10th placed finished means they'll be contenders this year.

So, so soft.
Nah nah, you've got that all wrong. Football played in the west isn't reality and its only those inconsiderate TV rights that make us include those games. Besides Norf were close last year a couple of times.

In all seriousness Sainters for the spoon without Choco. With Choco call it 70/30.

Norf to be the new richmond, 9th

Mark Neeld??

Seriously, who would think the Sainters would be smart enough to get Suma? They might actually win some if they chose Suma. Nah, Williams is a lock, Pelchen sorted it all well before he gave Watters the final knife in the back. Total dog is Pelchen, over-rated, over-emotional, under-performing.

Its identical to what freo did - is steve rosich a dog too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its identical to what freo did - is steve rosich a dog too?

It's not even remotely close, let alone being identical.

We knifed Harves because we'd already lined up one of the best coaches in the league to replace him. He was the unfortunate victim of our club's ambition.

Saints have axed Watters due to personality clashes with senior players and their football manager, without having any replacement lined up.

Apples and oranges my friend, apples and oranges.

Yep, Norf with St Kilda and Carlton the are my most hated teams.

I have always been "meh" towards Norf. In fact, I have many friends who support them but ever since the pinching thing, I've hated them and Brent Harvey so much, maybe even more so than my hate towards the Eagles (at least, just for this season). I had many, many lulz at their close losses, especially ones that caused BigFooty to crash :p

Personally, I'm hoping for plenty more Norf chokes next season.

Never really gave North a second thought until last year. I fly over to Melbourne once a year to see a game and I've seen Freo v North twice now . I've seen Freo v Hawthorn, Essendon , Collingwood, Carton, Saints and Melbourne. The only two times I"ve been physically challenged in Melbourne were at both North games. People reckon we've got a chip on our shoulders. :rolleyes:

I dislike the Eagles obviously but it's mainly only due to being local rivals atm, I don't really flat out hate them like I used to with those other 3 teams presently. Might have something to do with d-heads like Cousins, Judd, Gardiner and Hunter leaving, plus they aren't really much of a threat to Freo these days :)

It's good that we're starting to build a bit of history against other clubs now. Our matches against the Saints, North and Geelong all have a bit more spice to them these days. Maybe the Hawks now too after the granny.

It's good that we're starting to build a bit of history against other clubs now. Our matches against the Saints, North and Geelong all have a bit more spice to them these days. Maybe the Hawks now too after the granny.

Yep I recon that every time Geelong see us in their finals schedule they are going to be nervous. But for us this is always a great game. Our best non WCE rivalry IMHO.

The Saints spice was good for a year or two but they used to have the attitude we now have. Flyover, get the 4 points, go home.
Norf to me is just a meh game. There is a bit of Crowls vs "Zimmerframe" Harvey interest but hey Gold Coast has that and more.

However, in terms of rivalry, I would have others in the list. Swannies and Collingwood have always been games we really wanted to win and it required us to perform well to do so. Richmond, always seems to be there for significant matches for us and with their recent improvement I rate them to make our life hard over the next few years.

There might just be something with the Crows too if the before the game scuffle earlier this year meant anything, that didn't seem to mesh with the usual "Crowbots" theme.

The Crowls/Harvey thing should add some spice this year, but I've looked forward to North games since our 2012 clash when that Teffy/HardtoBeat guy graced our board telling us we were getting carried away with beating nobodies and that North were the form side of the comp who were going to deliver us a reality check. Crushing them in that last qtr was so sweet.

Since then I've seen their supporters try to rewrite history and claim they were already burnt out by the time that game came around, despite the fact they smacked a strong Collingwood team the week before.

I find their supporter base one of the more insufferable groups on bigfooty, so I always enjoy beating them.

There might just be something with the Crows too if the before the game scuffle earlier this year meant anything, that didn't seem to mesh with the usual "Crowbots" theme.

I think they really set themselves for a win to get their season back on track when we played them in Adelaide earlier in the year. That was one of the more intense performances I saw from them this year, they probably thought they had our measure after 3 wins from 3 in 2012.

Probably didn't take too kindly to us not following the script.

I find their supporter base one of the more insufferable groups on bigfooty, so I always enjoy beating them.

I reckon the biggest change as a football follower in joining this site is your perception of other supporters and their teams. Clubs like Norf that I never even gave much thought about I now hate, St Kilda I used to like up until the Sirengate thing and other shite they've gone on with since. Even Geelong with the abundance of faires that seem to follow them annoyed about getting roughed up and beaten by Freo a few times.

edit* I see you have picked out the same 3 teams in you post above ha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back