Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a white person who has indigenous family on my father's side and knowing the intergenerational trauma they have lived through due to something that I won't discuss in this thread as it's not exactly related.

Without closer people don't heal. If this is found to be true and I don't doubt that it is. Then the people accused and found guilty need to have their contracts terminated.

If Gil tries to protect someone like Clarkson due to the AFLs desire to improve North Melbourne then all is lost for AFL integrity.

If true this is beyond disgraceful

This is bigger than all the controversies I've seen in my life following the AFL. "ALL" eyes will be watching who makes up the "INDEPENDENT" panel and what if any restrictive measures will be in place in releasing its findings. There'll be some squirming at Docklands this morning and rightly so. I would expect if a poll was posted asking if the AFL could be trusted to run a fully transparent process the "NO's" would have it.

Massive test for the North President. She was very active in recruiting Clarkson.

What will she do now? Does she have the leadership to walk away from Clarkson and start the whole process for North again?

She may wait and see what unfolds. The later she leaves it the harder it will be to.get a decent coach.

I actually feel for her and North it's a burden put on them they had no part in.

The league may force it. Clarkson may skulk away. But what will she do? Will she lead from the front?
I think she will. She is the best thing (perhaps the only good thing) North have going for them at the moment. You would think Fagan is gone too, he's only contracted for next year and if I was the Brisbane board I would sack him now so they can have a coach in place for pre-season.

If this is true, getting sacked should be the least of it.

This is vile.

It's reminiscent of stolen generation and days of resettlement camps.
Exactly.

A lot of posters are asking if the coaches will more or less get away with it. If the AFL goes easy on them, the review boards will open themselves up to the same scrutiny for systemic racism. You would think there would be a good chance of this ending up in court for damages done, surely?

She may wait and see what unfolds. The later she leaves it the harder it will be to.get a decent coach.

I actually feel for her and North it's a burden put on them they had no part in.
Let’s see what they knew prior to appointing him before we feel sorry for them.
Within the industry I think they would have heard something at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite a few people (admittedly I have been reading the Brisbane board) seem surprised that Fagan was involved. As if he is some kind of super nice guy. He often loses his s**t on the boundary line and has always struck me as a two-faced smug conniving prick. Does not surprise me at all that he would be right alongside whatever s**t Clarkson was up to.

Technically, I don't think Clarko actual works for North yet?
yeah his contract technically starts November 1. I feel north needs to say something but ****ed if I know what the appropriate thing to say is at this exact moment

yeah his contract technically starts November 1. I feel north needs to say something but *ed if I know what the appropriate thing to say is at this exact moment

"We are going to wait for the AFL's independent review to complete and until that time Clarkson will remain outside of the club, all options remain on the table"

True, but the best time to deal with this is now.

If the AFL said to North that they will cover the cost of the contract, which may not have a clause in it allowing for termination for historical actions bringing the club into disrepute, so that Clarkson can fade into obscurity on his farm that would make it easier.

I don't think North can afford to pay five years of Clarkson and five years of Lyon at the same time.

If the AFL said to North that they will cover the cost of the contract, which may not have a clause in it allowing for termination for historical actions bringing the club into disrepute, so that Clarkson can fade into obscurity on his farm that would make it easier.

I don't think North can afford to pay five years of Clarkson and five years of Lyon at the same time.
Assumptions : 1. The claims are new to North. 2. During thier process North asked him an open-ended question about any previous actions he feels the club should be aware of.
If that assumption holds, it should be pretty easy for North to get out of the deal without paying a cent on the basis he lied to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back