Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the fans that posted a video of a woman weeping while saying "Let it out, let it out!" with the caption: "Freo supporters today"

Why do north supporters think we're crying hysterically, you might ask?

Well, because Darcy Tucker requested a trade to NM!

There were several posts like this, too. They truly think we're shattered at this news.

My point is, I don't think we should we paying much attention to their opinions on whether or not Clarko will be there next year. I reckon their perceptions don't quite line up with reality.
The f***? Is this another Mundy-Mayne thing? Do they think they're getting Sean Darcy?

One detail about the hawthorn story that has slightly bothered me since it was broken is the amount of time Russell Jackson provided to Fagan and Clarkson to respond before the article was published.
He said he gave 24 hrs notice, emailed them and left a voicemail on Fagan’s phone but got no reply.
I might be completely wrong on this and I’m unaware of journalistic protocols in situations like this, but just instinctively, if I was releasing an article of such massive magnitude and impact, effectively a career ended for the guys involved, I’d be giving more than 24 hours notice to the main protagonists to read and respond privately… I don’t doubt the accuracy and veracity of Jackson’s reporting, he’s a very well regarded professional in this area, but should he have made more effort to speak to Fagan or Clarkson before going to press? Why leave yourself open to criticism by failing to speak to them before printing? Maybe there was a high risk of an injunction being brought against him to prevent publishing by Clarkson or Fagan if he’d given them 3 or 4 days notice?
It’s going to be really interesting to see how this all plays out.
When a journo is about to break a story they can’t (don’t want to) have it out there for too long lest someone breaks it before them or the subjects of the story seek to discredit it before it goes live. 24-48 hours is about right and gives them plenty of time to respond.

The attitude of the Hawthorn club to the partners of the players is probably the most striking thing in all this. They really didn’t give a crap about them if what is reported is true.

You're too kind good sir! As others have stated, I always enjoy reading your articulately crafted musings also!
hip hop dance breakdance GIF by Chicago Dance Crash

Performing Los Angeles GIF by US National Archives
Steve Martin Smile GIF by Laff

Spent most of last night getting through half of the book The Boys Club by Mick Warner and put the drinks aside.

Really eye opening stuff about Demetriou, Gillon, Fitzpatrick etc and how scandals are handled.

I wouldn't be holding my breath that this Hawthorn problem is going to be solved correctly.

The media is a bit biased but how hard is for grown men not to act like peanuts and try to stay out of trouble.

Too hard apparently, but the point is that eagles players don't stay out of trouble either. It's just when they get in trouble it gets minimised by the local media vs being blown up into a scandal if it's a Freo player.

Which is very relevant when people ponder things like 'why do the eagles seem to cope better with troublemakers'. Liam Ryan, for example, would have been crucified by the media for his indiscretions if he'd been a Freo player. And I can only imagine how different the narrative about 'poor Willy' would have been.

Spent most of last night getting through half of the book The Boys Club by Mick Warner and put the drinks aside.

Really eye opening stuff about Demetriou, Gillon, Fitzpatrick etc and how scandals are handled.

I wouldn't be holding my breath that this Hawthorn problem is going to be solved correctly.
Would normally agree accept that the Minister for AA has got involved.
This isn’t getting brushed under the carpet.

The media is a bit biased but how hard is for grown men not to act like peanuts and try to stay out of trouble.
Not hard but AFL players aren't always the sharpest tools in the shed

its not a Freo problem though, its just WCE problems generally get swept under the carpet

The circle jerk commentary pre-game is pretty cringe, but gee Darcy Moore comes across as an intelligent lad. Clearly see why he’s done so well in the Pies defence with that kind of mindset.

The circle jerk commentary pre-game is pretty cringe, but gee Darcy Moore comes across as an intelligent lad. Clearly see why he’s done so well in the Pies defence with that kind of mindset.
So Langer is commentating cricket on 7 this summer, all I'll say is thank god for Fox/Kayo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look on the North board they’re just as delusional as the Essendon supporters during the drugs scandal, some knob reckons they’re going to play finals next year under Clarko this will galvanise them.
Clarkson won't be coaching anyone. He'll disappear with his tail between his legs.

Just had a look on the North board they’re just as delusional as the Essendon supporters during the drugs scandal, some knob reckons they’re going to play finals next year under Clarko this will galvanise them.
Finals hey? Did the AFL change the priority pick from a future 2nd and 3rd to getting access to the top 10 in the coaches award or something?

I’m not a betting man but Id like to wager he’ll still be coaching NM next year
As I've previously stated, if he is, I'm done with this boys club of a league. There's just too much bullsh*t that's been swept under the rug for me. I can't stand idly by and support such a cesspool of an organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back