Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross & Clarkson are both going to bring misery to their new clubs surely? Game has moved past them IMO.
Clarkson has been actively educating and attending overseas’ sports. He’s a smart guy in that sense.
Ross? Not sure. He’s going to drill St Kilda. Just don’t think he has the list. Brad Hill will be happy

I suppose there is a chance Ross now has NFI, but I think there is a much bigger chance he is way better than Ratten. Saints odds on to be our middle 6 double up now as well.
Thought Ratts never really got a chance at Carlton but he's had enough time at St Kilda.

Short sighted by them to extend when they did. No one was going to steal him away and they fell in a heap late. List is better than they performed.

Lyon got too comfy late with us, and that was on us for making an equally short sighted error in extendibg when we did, for as long as we did, but Lyon was high caliber enough for us to err in trying to stave off competition.

He'll have a fair bit to prove, and Saints just need to make sure they keep him to task and get some strong people around him, we ended up with waaaaaay too many meek yes men around him late in the piece.

Only a matter of time. . .
cb54e804d39afae191e5a450a33312b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, there were really no other viable, and perhaps, stronger candidates for the position? What a joke of an organisation St Kilda are. You've got to laugh!

Ross is still a very good coach, much better than most outsiders give him credit for and he’ll give the Saints some relevance again.

But list management is hardly his area of expertise and the Saints have a total mess of a list, not enough talent to contend for anything but enough half decent plodders to avoid bottoming out completely. So not sure what he’ll actually achieve there.

Ross & Clarkson are both going to bring misery to their new clubs surely? Game has moved past them IMO.
I don't think so.

Ross would be refreshed.

He can clearly coach.

3 years away from the furnace would have given him time to reflect away from the game. And what can he do better.

He already spoke today about needing to get better and bringing everyone alongside with him not just the players but coaching staff.

Lyon got too comfy late with us, and that was on us for making an equally short sighted error in extendibg when we did, for as long as we did, but Lyon was high caliber enough for us to err in trying to stave off competition.

never got the "stave off competition"

when was the last time a coach was poached from one club to the other? oh wait it was Ross over 10 years ago now.

Signing coaches up to long term contracts doesn't make much sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back