Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why

Slow Motion Smoking GIF
Elon Musk smokes ganja? :oops:

The Sack Hinkley thread on the Port board is quickly becoming the greatest BF thread of all time, whinging about winning because it means he keeps his job.
Some of the greatest mental gymnastics I've ever seen.

He's been there for 10 years and they haven't made a GF in that time despite having a very talented list. I love me some Port melts too but they're not without justification re:Stinkley.

He's been there for 10 years and they haven't made a GF in that time despite having a very talented list. I love me some Port melts too but they're not without justification re:Stinkley.
Hinkley to me seems a fine coach. Honestly, I think Port have just been a mentally fragile football team at the pointy end of the season. That's just my take. Sorta like Brisbane.

Even when folks started turning on Lyon here I never saw people going postal just because we won, or even the Simmo out mob on the Eagles board (which in fairness is a majority of them now they're rivalling the 2013 Demons).
They're a special breed down in Alberton.

Even when folks started turning on Lyon here I never saw people going postal just because we won, or even the Simmo out mob on the Eagles board (which in fairness is a majority of them now they're rivalling the 2013 Demons).
They're a special breed down in Alberton.
That's because they keep the breeding in-house lol

"Grow up knackers, you really are woke, can't argue a point resort to calling troll. Let's be honest we are a top 8 team at best, with a lineup that has no depth. Our thinking on the field is poor, I.e. disposal into frwd 50 and we weren't hard enough. Our percentage is poor and that shows inability to finish teams and inability to slow momentum. We will.improve but step into reality."

They're taking it well over on the Carlton board... :laughing:

The Sack Hinkley thread on the Port board is quickly becoming the greatest BF thread of all time, whinging about winning because it means he keeps his job.
Some of the greatest mental gymnastics I've ever seen.

Isn’t that thread about four years old and has continued non stop despite Port being in finals most of that time.

Isn’t that thread about four years old and has continued non stop despite Port being in finals most of that time.
Yep. I believe that's Part 4, each part having like 500 pages.
I really wanted them to win the flag last year just to see that thread turn into Chernobyl.

Eagles may have picked the wrong time to bottom out. If the AFL grants a 19th licence in the near future that means several years of compromised drafts.

Last time West Coast got the spoon they didn’t even get the no.1 pick. Gold Coast came into the comp the next season. Didn’t seem to hurt them.

On one hand I see them quite to 2010/11 and on the other hand quite close to us in 2016.

In 2010 they were cooked due to poor culture and a poor start to a rebuild. They drafted well at the end of 2010 and a few of their oldies got back in form and pushed them back into finals the next year. If anything their youth is worse than it was in 2010. They had Nic Nat, Sheppard, Shuey, S.Selwood and JJK then. Outside of Allen I really don’t see any future A Graders. They could get a short term bounce if Darling, McGovern, Yeo, Kelly return to their best, Nic Nat plays all season etc.

On the other hand they’re a bit like us in 2016. The youth bar one KPP (for us it was Pearce and them Allen) is extremely poor. When you’re competing pretending Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Nelson, Cole etc. is good youth gets by because your older players paper over the cracks. Once the older players go these guys get exposed for the average players they are. It’s going to take a long time to:
  • completely rebuild a defence around Barrass,
  • rebuild a midfield basically from scratch,
  • find a number one ruck and
  • develop a KPF to support Allen.
They’re ****ed but may have a short term bounce. Let’s enjoy this for now though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s very quiet. Doesn’t seem to have his normal Freo hate on.
I had to leave that thread, as it was like being stuck in a never-ending time-warp, where the same cliched Fremantle insults were stuck on a time-loop!

As much as it pains me to say it, but I want them to be in around the 8 when we are successful - I want tears from the Eagles supporters for the next 5-6 years as we rip their team apart in every derby…..
It doesn’t feel as satisfying when they bottom out and are resigned to the result week in week out…The only way to shut them up forever would be to play them in a GF and beat them - devouring the banter of previous premierships.
Aaah …..If only 2006 played out differently against Adelaide and Sydney……
Now would you want to absolutely thrash them in a grand final? Or win by less than a goal with a controversial umpiring decision in the final minutes.A little like their last two

I had to leave that thread, as it was like being stuck in a never-ending time-warp, where the same cliched Fremantle insults were stuck on a time-loop!
Getting more creative over there .
Have you seen my latest wager offer ?

"Grow up knackers, you really are woke, can't argue a point resort to calling troll. Let's be honest we are a top 8 team at best, with a lineup that has no depth. Our thinking on the field is poor, I.e. disposal into frwd 50 and we weren't hard enough. Our percentage is poor and that shows inability to finish teams and inability to slow momentum. We will.improve but step into reality."

They're taking it well over on the Carlton board... :laughing:
calls someone out for being 'woke' and then writes near incomprehensible dribble like that with oddly fluctuating grammar via long overdue shock therapy and sounds like a deadhead of the first degree. Which eyebleed thread is this to be found in, game day?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back